Hockey Fan Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
WTF is up with the Flames vs Aves yesterday. (Jan.11) I only got to start watching the game when the score was 5-3 in the second, and Theo was in net. 1) Did Budaj get pulled??? Or did Theo start???

2)How the F**K did Theo let in Calgary's 6th goal??? The Calgary player was nearly at the blue-line, and it was a weak shot.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
They were both bad, but Budaj looked tired. Anyone who saw him play should see that. Especially on that 4th goal he allowed. He just watched it go in and didn't even move. He's probably worn out from getting played so much (and facing 43 shots in a crazy game vs. the Wings just a couple nights ago).

As for Theo, I only saw the first goal he allowed, which was a terrible one as usual. I see nothing's changed in his time off, and I'm not the least bit surprised.

While Budaj fell apart last game, I don't think it's fair to fault him much for it. Even the best goalies have bad games, and until last night, he had played 6 great games in a row. All I have to say is, he better start next game, or we're in deep trouble. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Budaj simply isn't ready to play ten games in a row like many of the elite goalies are. I see he's a lot better this year, and he's getting to be a very good goalie, but he simply can't play that much. Give Budaj all the hard games, and give Theo Columbus and Phoenix, lol.

I think Budaj is for sure our starter now.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
And thus, Quennville is absolutely nuts if he doesn't know by now that Budaj is his starter. Turns in yet another fantastic game yesterday, and we seem to be winning more games with him in net, so keep him in. Yet, lets hope he doesn't pull a Quennville and play Budjs till he drops.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
It's about time Theo lost his job, too. Now we just need to find a way to get rid of him all together, if possible.

Budaj was incredible last night. We can't just say he had one best game anymore, now it's more like a "top 3"-type thing. He stole us that win. He's the one reason we even made it to OT, let alone getting that win. We were dominated the whole game and should've lost miserably, but Budaj played his heart out and the whole team benefitted. I'm so happy they won, he completey deserved it.

My question however is, when is this team going to wake up and start playing in front of him? It's been a while since they really showed a real effort. Quenneville needs to start landing on them and skating them into the ground when they don't play, because Budaj, for as well as he's playing, can't always be expected to bail us out every game. The team infront really seems to be lacking motivation, and this needs to change quickly.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It's about time Theo lost his job, too. Now we just need to find a way to get rid of him all together, if possible.

Budaj was incredible last night. We can't just say he had one best game anymore, now it's more like a "top 3"-type thing. He stole us that win. He's the one reason we even made it to OT, let alone getting that win. We were dominated the whole game and should've lost miserably, but Budaj played his heart out and the whole team benefitted. I'm so happy they won, he completey deserved it.

My question however is, when is this team going to wake up and start playing in front of him? It's been a while since they really showed a real effort. Quenneville needs to start landing on them and skating them into the ground when they don't play, because Budaj, for as well as he's playing, can't always be expected to bail us out every game. The team infront really seems to be lacking motivation, and this needs to change quickly.
Not only is Budaj bailing us out, it is also Sakic. It's pathetic when we need to realy on two players to keep us in the game. We have Budaj facing an average of 30 shots a game. Letting in 3, and then we have Sakic and also Brunette needing to score 3 goals in order to take us into the shoot-out, which seems to be our specialty this year.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

The third part sounds like my team.

It would be great to get rid of Theo, he can barley play any more.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
So Budaj has started 10 games straight, and he's gonna start 2morrow agains the Wingers. I guess Theos gonna go at the deadline???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
And Budjs comes up with yet another spectacular performance. His starting job is easily solidified right now. Theo is gone if we can find anyone to take him. Yes, great night last night for Avs hockey. Budaj is spectacular, Lappy scores a goal on his knees for his first in 35ish games, and we beat the Red Wings. Doesn't get any better.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
And Budjs comes up with yet another spectacular performance. His starting job is easily solidified right now. Theo is gone if we can find anyone to take him. Yes, great night last night for Avs hockey. Budaj is spectacular, Lappy scores a goal on his knees for his first in 35ish games, and we beat the Red Wings. Doesn't get any better.
That it doesn't. Budajwill be able to play a solid 40-60 games next year. I completley agree with you on everything you said :)

61 - 76 of 76 Posts