Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This is one injury I never understood, could someone please explain this.

Is it like a scratched up face or something or a bruised face?
I believe it's just scratches.

Here's a recent thought for you guys, Sakic - on fire. He's having a far better time right now this season than he was last season. Now lets hope he can keep it up.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
What do you gusy think of Arnason's play? I think he's played great since coming here, I was thinking before he came here why bring him.... But He has 24 points, and is on pace for a career high 61. I don't think he'll get 61, but he has been playing some good hockey...

(I didn't want to make a new thread, because this is a thought)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Great, tonight was just another game that Theodore lost for us. Yet another series of bad goals blew our lead and ultimately killed us. We would've beat them for sure if Budaj were in, but go figure, Theo got lucky last game, so they just had to go and put him in again tonight. By the time they finally woke up and pulled him, it was too late. When are the Avs going to wake up? I'm not so sure if Budaj's ready for the starting job just yet, but he's still leagues ahead of Theodore.

It has to say something when even the sports writers are talking about it. Sure, McNabb and Haynes kiss up to him and praise him so much that it hurts, but they're obviously paid to do that. Either that, or they have a serious problem.

I do remember however hearing that one of the Colorado news casters even said right out, "Here's the question: when are the Avalanche going to make Peter Budaj their #1 goaltender?" And shortly after, I heard a sports news website talking about it (I can't remember which one at the moment, but it was there).

Lord only knows they have good reason. Budaj's numbers are far better than Theodore's, and anyone who's watched the Avs knows he's been a lot more consistent. Budaj is still riding a personal 4-game winning streak. Theodore's had nothing like that all year. Budaj also has a shutout. Theo has none.

Really, one can tell just by watching them play who's in control. Theo almost always looks nervous, is constantly out of position, and makes a lot poor decisions. Budaj often looks very calm and in control, and plays with a lot of patience and maturity. Remember the recent game when Budaj gave up what the Colorado news called the "softest goal in NHL history" (and with good reason)? On the very next play, he came up with one or two big saves, and was solid for the rest of the game. He didn't let it rattle him at all; rather, he rebounded from it and made up for it. If Theo lets in a goal, he's even more nervous for the rest of the game then he would've been had he not allowed it.

And for crying out loud, he's using up nearly $6 million of our salary? What the heck are we paying him for anyway? He isn't even worth $1 million at this point. All he's doing is eating up cap space and losing games for us. Aebischer was horrible, but at least he was a lot cheaper (and no, there's no way I want him back).

Forget the past. This is the present. I don't care if Theo won back to back Stanley Cups and Conn Smythes a few years ago. The point is, he sucked last season, and he sucks easily as much this season. I don't care how they do it, but they really need to get Theo out of Colorado. This was a gamble that fell through completely. The dillusions of granduer are over. Time to get realistic. We're not going to have a good, successful team until he's out of the picture.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Uhm, if we could get Aebischer back, it would be the best thing in the world for us. I don't believe anyone saw Aebi back in January of this year, obviously Jeikobu or whatever didn't see him, but he was fantastic. Fantastic, therefore making the choice to deal him even worse. He's better than either Budaj or Theodore, and at a cheap price.

What we need to do is buy Theodore out or something, then get ourselves a real goalie. I don't how, but we need to. Obviously we won't get Aebi back, the Avs management is too thick for that, but we need someone. We have goalies that are capable of great games and stealing the show, but don't do it because they underachieve. Well, at least Theodore definitely underachieves. Budaj's not capable of the kind of consistensy we need because of his age.

Do something, management. I don't know, but something needs to be done.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Uhm, if we could get Aebischer back, it would be the best thing in the world for us. I don't believe anyone saw Aebi back in January of this year, obviously Jeikobu or whatever didn't see him, but he was fantastic. Fantastic, therefore making the choice to deal him even worse. He's better than either Budaj or Theodore, and at a cheap price.

What we need to do is buy Theodore out or something, then get ourselves a real goalie. I don't how, but we need to. Obviously we won't get Aebi back, the Avs management is too thick for that, but we need someone. We have goalies that are capable of great games and stealing the show, but don't do it because they underachieve. Well, at least Theodore definitely underachieves. Budaj's not capable of the kind of consistensy we need because of his age.

Do something, management. I don't know, but something needs to be done.
I have an idea... Not sure it will happen.

Okay. Try and get one of SJ's goalies... Doesn't matter which one.. For a few people... Don't care who Not Sakic or Svatos or Wolski. And then, Buy Theo out at the end of the season... and there we go. We'd have to package a few players... But it should work out good.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts