Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is probably too optimistic to hope that this is the beginning of the end for Redden because if the Ranger brass had any brains they would have eaten his contract and dumped him after last season, not to mention being idiotic enough to sign him in the first place. And I probably posted that here the day after he was signed.

After another hideous game by him last Wednesday Tortorella finally let him have it and benched him. Redden responded with a tirade as if he didn't deserve it. Larry Brooks (who I can't stand) writes in the NY Post that Redden somehow believes that he's worth the $39 million that the Rangers flushed down the toilet on him. If it weren't for the cap and they had to eat it and move on I couldn't have cared less.

I have no doubt that the Ranger announcers have been told to take it easy on Redden (and maybe the defense in general) because they have this nasty habit of calling giveaways takeaways and not mentioning the names of defensemen when they are directly responsible for goals. Most of the Ranger defensemen can legally change their names to Ulysses S. Grant or Robert E. Lee because statues are the objects that they resemble most. In fact, the Rangers have stopped wearing their Statue of Liberty jerseys because Redden threatened to sue because he holds the copyright on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We will not have a good team again untill we can get rid of expensive dead weight like Drury and Redden even Rozival at 5m a year WTF!!

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREE SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHER!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agreed, Redden needs to go, I can't believe that guy is getting 6mil a year. He's definately not an all-star defenseman.

Drury i think should stay, he brings leadership and is one of the best penalty killers in the league.

Yeah Rozi is getting old, I think we need some fresh legs to step in there for him.

But I like the look of the rest of our D's. In a few years time with Del Zotto, Staal and Gilroy we will have the best D in the league.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts