Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I r argueing over whose better PDemitri or JIginla?
Also he's say JLettinen is nothing more than a defensive player.

Could i have some comments guys??????

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
canadianinput said:
...i think the best of them both is yet to come.
Yes it's true ... like Hossa, Havlat, Spezza, Phillips, Bonk, Redden, Chara, Volchenkov... and Jody Hull.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
demitra over iginla.

lettinen, i have to agree with your friend. not much of an offensive threat. but thats just from what ive seen of him, and that isnt all the much.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
ettinen, i have to agree with your friend. not much of an offensive threat. but thats just from what ive seen of him, and that isnt all the much

what hel'l get u 45 points a year pretty good if u ask me 8)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
i didnt know he posted numbers like that..i havent really watched out for, or noticed much about him. i just thought id offer my opinion anyways, from how ive seen him play.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
2linepass said:
My friend and I r argueing over whose better PDemitri or JIginla?
Also he's say JLettinen is nothing more than a defensive player.

Could i have some comments guys??????
I'd take Iginla over Demitra, personally. Bigger, stronger, younger, gets hurt less, plays four times as much short-handed (Demitra has had negligible impact defensively in his career). I think it's also safe to say that Iginla would see a *slight* increase in scoring if he played around the same sort of talent that Demitra does every night.

For nothing more than a defensive player, Lehtinen scores pretty frequently. He's a 5-time twenty goal scorer, which is extremely solid in this era, and is coming off a 31 goal year for Dallas.

Daryl

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
well, i dont think we should really be comparing who someone plays with every night. look at the #'s heatley puts up and he isnt really playing aside all star players, same with satan and others in the league. i think demitra has greater skill with the puck and has the potential to make other players better rather than hoping other players make him better. besides, the depth on the flames isnt anything really compared to the blues so they rely more on iginla than stlouis does on demitra. hence more ice time and more time spent on special teams.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I'd take Hossa over either Demitra or Iginila

Demitra is older, has founds his game..good but not all that big..tends to get injured

Hossa is younger, just getting into his prime, plays a good game, and does not get injured much.

But both are Slovaks, and play similar styles..

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
canadianinput said:
id take heatley over anyone discussed
He has potential to be a star. But he's all O and his +/- numbers suck. I wonder what Jacques Martin or Jacques Lemaire would do with this guy? Keep him on the bench a lot more probably. I'll take Demitra or Hossa over him any day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts