Hockey Fan Forums banner

What has Sidney Crosby's performance been like?

• Better than expected.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • As expected.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Worse than expected.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is.... has Sidney Crosby's performance been better than expectation, or worse?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
rdlviper said:
The question is.... has Sidney Crosby's performance been better than expectation, or worse?

Watching him play i thought he was over rated, he fights to be a good player, he doesnt have that finess Alexander O. has... Alexander Ovechkin is awesome, by far a better play IMO than crosby. :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong, Crosby is good, just not as good as Alexander :)

410 Posts
Ovechkin is way better than Crosby. Crosby was what I expected. He has gotten more points than games. What I hate though about Crosby is how he gets so mad at things. I don't remember him being like this in the QMJHL. Crosby is still an exceptional player. Hey! He's at least in the top ten scoring in the NHL! :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A couple of you say that Ovechkin is better than Crosby but you have to remember that Ovech is two years older and played pro hockey last year while Crosby was stuck in Junior Hockey

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It was better than I thought it would be. I was expecting 60 points from him (expecting him to stumble under the pressure), but he surpassed my expectations.

Oh, and yeah, I'd still take Ovechkin over Crosby.

Ovechkin is wicked (no offence to Crosby)!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Crosby is not all that

Crosby is not like everone said. He can be a force but i hate it when people say that he is like the great one...:laugh:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think better than expected. I thought at his age, and the uncertainty of the new NHL, a point-per-game was realistic, maybe 90 points for me.

But 102? Holy smokes.

I think he's the real deal. I agree that Ovechkin skill-wise is better. He has the bullet shot, the slick moves, size, and the luck only great players have (Phoenix goal).

But Crosby is the player I'd rather have at the foundation of my team. He's a far superior leader to Ovi and he's much more complete. He was on the PK unit only 10 games into the year, Pittsburgh's roster notwithstanding.

Crosby is already one of the most polished players all-around in the league, and he'll only get better. (scary, huh?)

I don't waste too much time comparing the two though, I think we fans are for a treat with those two all-stars pacing the way over the next decade.

And Crosby is only 18, as pointed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts