Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know which one of these two great rookies are better and why?
Who will be better?
Who is a better overall player?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
230 Posts
OV by far...but i think crosby will come out bigger and with more pts i think..i think hes jealous of OV lmao =P but not really haha..anyways..OV did deserve that rookie award by far...i still cant get over on how he made that great goal (when he fell) but both will be exellent...right through their careers for sure =)

·
494 Posts
Alexander is worth the money. Generating interest in the game and his team, the sport as a whole!
Hes a great player :thumbsup: and i believe Crosby will be living in his shadows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like to say Crosby, because he plays for the Pens, but Ovechkin is the whole package because he was able to combine some solid hitting with good scoring this year.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Definitely Ovechkin.

Crosby might have more offencive upside, but Ovechkin is a much better all-around player, and he's got that extra "kick" in him that I don't see Crosby with, despite all the media trying to display it as so.

He got 50-50, and yet look at wha the had to work with. What a player!

Ovechkin: "I've got Halpern". Like, what? Are you kidding me?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Both of them had brutal teams to play on. (Pens 22 wins Caps 29) Both of them potted 100 points, something that a season earlier nobody got done let alone as a rookie. The division they played in I believe makes a big difference. Ovechkin got 8 games against the weakest division in hockey while Crosby played a surprising Atlantic division. The Rangers, Devils and Flyers were all good teams last year (finishing 3rd, 5th and 6th in the East) and until the final two weeks the Rangers were headed for a third seed in the East.

The Pens were shut out 6 times and only scored once 15 times. Brutal offense and even worse defense. The Caps were shut out 5 times and only scored once 10 times. The Caps offense was more consistant even though they scored 7 fewer goals than the Pens. They didn't have as many up and down stretches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts