Hockey Fan Forums banner

Should he have been suspended?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
No i dont think he should be suspended, because he was finishing his check and briere turned at the last second. I dont think he should have hit him that hard but he was only finishing his check.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Prolly not, maaaybe a couple games at the most.

This hit was kinda cheap and dirty, but so was Adam Mair's attempted kick during his fight.

Briere is still playing - albeit not as well.

Payback may just take another form. ;)

...although, if Dan's head actually hit the corner of the door opening, we would be looking at another Bert scene.
Both players really lucked out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What?

Canuck said:
No i dont think he should be suspended, because he was finishing his check and briere turned at the last second. I dont think he should have hit him that hard but he was only finishing his check.
It you watch the replay... your clearly see that Ovechkin saw Briere turn and still barrelled into him. Ovechkin could of stopped from finishing the check... but he continued... 5 game suspension

HABS11S

<---------------GO--HABS--GO----------->

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I voted 'Yes'. I think it deserves a suspension.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
YES !!!! That was uncalled for

Like the saying goes

"Payback's a bi*ch"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally after seeing the hit a couple of times, I wonder if Briere was feeling a little dizzy after his shift. Looked like a bump rather than a hit, and I would have to say that the whole thing was blown out of proportion. This was no Claude Lemieux on Kris Draper. No way should Ovechkin be suspended because Briere is a pushover.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
He cant be b/c he has so far 4 goals in the next two games (based on end of 2nd period on Dec. 7th Buffalo @ Florida)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sabres Fan said:
He cant be b/c he has so far 4 goals in the next two games (based on end of 2nd period on Dec. 7th Buffalo @ Florida)
Sabres have played terrible, anyways no no suspention the punishment fit the crime. 5 a game and a beating from the goose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When you watch the tapes on what Ovechkin did he should defiantly be suspended, he new exactly what he was doing. Briere was going off to change when Ovechkin clearly hit him from behind. Ovechkin is lucky that Briere didn't get injured. I think that Ovechkin should have been suspended for at least 5 games for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts