Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The agony etched all over his face, Pavel Kubina fought back the tears as he was helped to the Maple Leafs medical room last night.

On an evening when the Leafs finally changed their fortunes when it comes to shootouts, it was the same old tired story as far as their battered blue line is concerned.

As Paul Maurice's players celebrated their dramatic 2-1 shootout victory over the Florida Panthers at the Air Canada Centre, their frivolity was tempered by concerns regarding the injury suffered by Kubina late in the third period.

complete article

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hey Be-Leaf, what do you think Paul should do?

Personally, I'm not a fan of Belak on the blueline but I don't know if Brendan Bell is in condition to return.

Do you know how long Carlos, Andy and Staffan will be out?

Will anyone be ready for Jersey? How about Cowtown? I think the team gets a bit of a break after that and hopefully Kubina isn't gone that long.

Sigh, well at least they've gotten at least a point a game.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Administrator said:
Knee on Knee hits never turn out good!

In slow motion you really see the impact and the possible damage it may have caused.
Oh yeah, he had his hand up trying to get the ref's and the bench's attention before he even hit the ground.

He did put a little weight on it as he left the ice though.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It looks like Kubina could be out for a quite a while.

So far he is out indefinitely with a strained MCL, and those are never good. :(

shookem said:
Hey Be-Leaf, what do you think Paul should do?

Personally, I'm not a fan of Belak on the blueline but I don't know if Brendan Bell is in condition to return.

Do you know how long Carlos, Andy and Staffan will be out?

Will anyone be ready for Jersey? How about Cowtown? I think the team gets a bit of a break after that and hopefully Kubina isn't gone that long.

Sigh, well at least they've gotten at least a point a game.

First of all: Shoot! :mad: How could this happen?! As soon as Kubina hit the ice, you could just tell it was bad. In the slo-mo replay you can see his knee bend inward.

As for a replacement, I have no idea man.For the games he played in, Kubina was solid for the Leafs, and the only guy left that I could think of was Jay Harrison. But of course, he was already playing in Toronto's last game due to an inury to Wozniewski. :dunno:

The only ones left (aside from Wade Belak) are Brad Brown and Marc Moro, and they're not NHLers. Of course there's the slight chance of Brendan Bell returning, but we'll have to wait and see with that.

Vorobiev would have been nice to take a chance on, but he's still in the Russian leagues.

Maybe they'll have to make a trade or something... I don't know. but with JFJ at the helm, who knows what this "trade" could be.

The only bright spot is that Suglobov will get another chance to stay with the team.

Still no new news on Cola or Kronwall, other than that Cola is starting o nthe Marlies to recondition himself. That likely marks him out for tomorrow's game against the Devils.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah, everything I'm hearing is that Belak will move back.

The only bright spot is that Suglobov will get another chance to stay with the team.
Way to find the silver lining there bud, that's further proof that you really are a Leafs fan.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shookem said:
Way to find the silver lining there bud, that's further proof that you really are a Leafs fan.
LOL!

Shh!!!!!! Keep it down man. ;)

:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts