Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the Oilers start getting man handled. Coincidence or correlation?

I believe people have under-rated Horcoff for a long time though I do agree he's not a #1 center but a good #2 for sure. He's the best complete center, best center in the face off circle, these things lead me to believe that his absence is the biggest factor in these lopsided losses.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I've said it around here before: Horcoff does all of the heavy lifting on this club, and has for years. I felt kinda bad for Hall and Eberle, watching Babcock match Datsyuk and Zetterberg against them with Cogliano as their centre.

Ouch.

Daryl

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've said it around here before: Horcoff does all of the heavy lifting on this club, and has for years. I felt kinda bad for Hall and Eberle, watching Babcock match Datsyuk and Zetterberg against them with Cogliano as their centre.

Ouch.

Daryl
That was indeed pretty sad though all I could do was listen on Ched. I've also said before Horc's contract may look a little steep, but when you look @ the talent 2-4 we juist lack major depth. I said it before it was one of many major gaffs by Kevin Lowe to let Marty Reasoner go, cause with hin gone the only good Face-off man the oil have is Horc.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
That was indeed pretty sad though all I could do was listen on Ched. I've also said before Horc's contract may look a little steep, but when you look @ the talent 2-4 we juist lack major depth. I said it before it was one of many major gaffs by Kevin Lowe to let Marty Reasoner go, cause with hin gone the only good Face-off man the oil have is Horc.
I can handle letting players go, so long as they're replaced. The Oilers have shipped off a bunch of guys with specific roles and not replaced what those players brought.

Daryl

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can handle letting players go, so long as they're replaced. The Oilers have shipped off a bunch of guys with specific roles and not replaced what those players brought.

Daryl
Thats why it was a mistake to let Reasoner go, he was cheap and 50-55% face-off man, Horcoff has taken almost twice as many face offs over the last 2 years then any other center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts