Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

DETROIT -- The Red Wings might have helped themselves in more ways than one with a 4-0 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Thursday night.

The Sharks are one of the hottest teams in the league but two spots out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Losing to the Wings certainly didn't help matters for the Sharks in their quest for the playoffs.

And if this eventually does become a first-round matchup, the Wings gave San Jose something to think about with as fine a defensive game as they have played this season.

"We didn't give them much of anything," said Manny Legace, who made 28 saves for his sixth shutout of the season. "I didn't see any breakdowns."

Jason Williams and Steve Yzerman (power play) scored in a 1:25 span of the third period to give the Wings a 3-0 lead.

Tomas Holmstrom opened the scoring at 1:47 of the second period. Mikael Samuelsson, in his first game since March 1 because of a wrist injury, closed the scoring in the third period with his 21st goal of the season.

"We think we have an intelligent team that knows how to play without the puck," coach Mike Babcock said. "We really believe the better we play without the puck, the quicker we're on offense. We did that tonight. We got contributions from a lot of people."

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a great game. seemed like the offensive wheels were turning so to speak. Steve Yzerman looked as if he had some good form this game.
Very impressive game by Manny Legace as well, the wings all in all had a great game.;)

Defense is looking better, offense looked great. still defense at best could always use work.. Goaltending was awesome! Manny had a great game and was very Key when necessary! all around a great game to watch and I thoroughly enjoyed every second!!!!:D ;)

Sammy also had a really nice goal. Just thought I should add that:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts