Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, guys!
I hope you have a nice holiday but mine would be better if the Pens win tonight. We as fans have to be very grateful that Sid is back in the lineup and I just want to enjoy the magic he’s creating on the ice despite all the crap that’s been said and written about his return.
I also hope the mistakes the Pens made the other night against the Blues are already forgotten.

So I wish you a great game and LET'S GO PENS!!!

:beer

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Ah, a Thanksgiving Friday game for the Pens. Good start to the game, 4-1 after the first, three helpers for El Sid.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6-3 Pens FINAL!
Six different players scored for the Pens. Depth is the least you can say. Keep up the good work guys!

:bt

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just wondering some Pen's fans thoughts on Crosby elbowing Foligno in the head. Suspension, yes or no ?

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Just wondering some Pen's fans thoughts on Crosby elbowing Foligno in the head. Suspension, yes or no ?
Suspension??? Come on. Two stationary players being physical in front of the net, there's not going to be damage there. Crosby got his elbow up, and got penalized for it, nothing more.

I'm more pissed of at the rest of the team. Foligno ran over Fleury at least twice before this happened, its someone elses job, like Orpik or Asham, to take care of the situation.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe talking about suspension you mean Pacioretty’s hit on Kris Letang in the 3rd period of the game? Because there's a huge difference between a blindside elbow to the head at full speed and the elbow Crosby gave to Foligno when they were standing next to each other in front of the net.

Being the captain of the team Crosby made a statement and it was pretty clear I think. The Pens stick up for their goaltender unlike the Sabres for instance. Sid got his penalty for what he did which was no doubt the right call and that’s the end of this story for me.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Okay cool. Just wanted to see some opinions on this. I didn't think there should be a suspension on the play until the interview after. I don't know if you guys heard this but he said "he knew what he was doing" when he elbowed Foligno. As in he knew he was elbowing him. I know it wasn't as dangerous as the hit on Letang but if someone intends to aim at someone's head even in that circumstance i feel there should be some sort of action by the League. Maybe not a suspension but possibly a fine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts