Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Senators come into Atlanta desprately looking for some momemtum. The Sens have lost four straight and it doen't get any easier as they are going to face one of the top teams in the league this season.

After Emery was injured in practice yeterday Gerber will start his third straight game with the Sens.The Senators appeared on the verge of ending their slide in the opener of a four-game road trip Monday against the Washington Capitals, when they took a three-goal lead midway through the first period.

They couldn't hold on, however, losing 4-3 to the Capitals when Chris Clark scored 1:33 into overtime.

"The guys were working so hard to protect the lead that we forgot about attacking," said Senators coach Bryan Murray, whose team is playing the second contest of a four-game road trip. "You can't hold on all night."

Ottawa is 0-for-16 on the power play in the last three games, and has capitalized on only 6 of 73 chances this season.

Daniel Alfredsson had a goal and an assist Monday while Dany Heatley, who spent his first three seasons with the Thrashers, scored his team-leading eighth goal.

As Muccler is working franticly on the phones trying to work up a trade he hopes his team can get something going because he is on the hot seat here.

I'll try to keep you posted on the score.:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Score Update: Spezza just scored. Its 1-0 for the Sens!

senators 2.jpg : 10:08 JASON SPEZZA assists: JOE CORVO:D

Thrashers.jpg : No Scoring:cheeky4:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Sens score a POWERPLAY goal. Finally I didn't want to report the Thrashes goal,but after Alfy got the goal I decided to update the scoring!:)

SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period
Ottawa: 10:08 JASON SPEZZA, Tip-In - Assists: JOSEPH CORVO
Atlanta: 14:22 SHG - BRAD LARSEN, Snap Shot - Assists: none
Ottawa: 16:02 PPG - DANIEL ALFREDSSON, Wrist Shot - Assists: DANY HEATLEY and JASON SPEZZA

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Score Update: Kelly just scored. 3-1 Ottawa!!:D

SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period
Ottawa: 16:02 PPG - DANIEL ALFREDSSON, Wrist Shot - Assists: DANY HEATLEY and JASON SPEZZA
2nd Period
Ottawa: 06:06 CHRIS KELLY, Wrist Shot - Assists: PATRICK EAVES and ANTON VOLCHENKOV

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Score Update: Vermette scored a shorthanded goal after Hossa scored a goal on a 5 on 3! 4-2 Ottawa!!:D

SCORING SUMMARY
1st Period
2nd Period
Ottawa 06:06 CHRIS KELLY, Wrist Shot - Assists: PATRICK EAVES and ANTON VOLCHENKOV
Atlanta 08:41 PPG - VYACHESLAV KOZLOV, Tip-In - Assists: MARIAN HOSSA and STEVE MCCARTHY
Ottawa: 09:39 SHG - ANTOINE VERMETTE, Backhand - Assists: CHRIS KELLY

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Woah. Well... that is something, isn't it? Ilya Kovalchuk - what a shot!

And Kozlov got the trick. I honestly didn't think the was still that good.

He hasn't done too much since his days with the Wings, but he's playing very well this year, and looks to be adding to the scoring threat in Atlanta. What a dangerous team.

As for Ottawa... I really don't know what to say. Is it Gerber's endurance? He seems to start off games very well, but can't finish. Maybe the pressure gets to him, or he's looking too far ahead? I don't know. He was much better in Carolina last year though. Then he got the flu in the playoffs, lost 8 pounds, and then it was all downhill. Kind of strange.

Emery's injury doesn't sound as serious as it originally did though. He should be back soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts