Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
11/18/2006 10:21:36 PM

OTTAWA (CP) - Peter Schaefer and Dany Heatley each had a goal and an assist, and Ray Emery made 23 saves as the Ottawa Senators defeated the Buffalo Sabres 4-1 Saturday night.

Antoine Vermette and Chris Phillips also scored for the Senators, who have two come-from-behind wins over the Sabres in the past four days.

Maxime Afinogenov had the lone goal for the Sabres who lost four just the third time in regulation this season.

Three third period goals were the difference as the Senators dominated the Sabres over the final two periods. Trailing 11-9 in shots after 20 minutes, the Senators held a 32-13 edge over the final two periods.

Ryan Miller, playing his first game after missing five with a muscle strain, made 37 saves and was named the game's third star in front of 19,770 fans at Scotiabank Place.

Heatley broke a 1-1 tie 1:22 into the third period with the Senators second power play of the game. They finished 2-for-9 with the man advantage, while the Sabres went 0-5.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
426 Posts
I saw the game last night and Emery was realy good. Emery is definatly the Sens #1 this season. Another lousy free-agent signing by Muckler.....Gerber making 3.7 on the bench. If the Sens can muster up a win against Minnosoda they can realy build some mommentum!:D

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It seems Ontario teams are the antidote to the Buffalo Sabres.

Good game by Ottawa. Emery has got to be the #1 guy now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Emery has got to be the #1 guy now.
I agree.

Ottawa plays with confidence in front of him. I think Murray should play him until the team reaches .500, or until Emery plays bad. Ottawa can't afford to takes chances now. Whatever gets them winning/playing well, should be what the coach sticks to, if he wants his job.

Should Gerber not sort this out by December, send him to the minors.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Krazed Kourse said:
I agree.

Ottawa plays with confidence in front of him. I think Murray should play him until the team reaches .500, or until Emery plays bad. Ottawa can't afford to takes chances now. Whatever gets them winning/playing well, should be what the coach sticks to, if he wants his job.

Should Gerber not sort this out by December, send him to the minors.
I agree, I think Murray should play Emery until he falters, because the team does play better with him in net.

Do you really think they would send Gerber to the minors? I would think that he would be traded first, at 3.5M, that's a lot of money to put in the minors, just so he can get his confidence back, if that's what the problem is? I believe, a lot of the problem has to do with the fact that he can't handle the media and fan pressure in Ottawa, and sending him to the minors won't help with that? It'll all be there when he gets back!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you really think they would send Gerber to the minors? I would think that he would be traded first, at 3.5M, that's a lot of money to put in the minors, just so he can get his confidence back, if that's what the problem is? I believe, a lot of the problem has to do with the fact that he can't handle the media and fan pressure in Ottawa, and sending him to the minors won't help with that? It'll all be there when he gets back!!
I don't think anyone whould take him the way his playing and spend 3.7 mil on a guy that can't make normal staops when the team needs it the most!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Havlat said:
I don't think anyone whould take him the way his playing and spend 3.7 mil on a guy that can't make normal staops when the team needs it the most!
The reason he did so well in Carolina is, there was no pressure from the media like there is in Ottawa!! Teams would be interested in him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts