Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
10/7/2006 10:41:03 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - Everyone knew the Washington Capitals had one fantastic young Russian left wing named Alexander: Ovechkin, last season's Calder Trophy winner.

Well, now it appears the Capitals have two players who fit that description, because Alexander Semin is back in the NHL and taking some of the load off his teammate's shoulders.

Ovechkin broke a tie with two third-period goals, Semin had a hat trick, and Washington beat the Carolina Hurricanes 5-2 Saturday night to hand the Stanley Cup champions their third consecutive loss.

"After I thank God at night for having a great wife," Capitals coach Glen Hanlon said, "I say a quiet prayer for having those two guys on my team."

Perhaps frustrated by beginning his sophomore year with five scoreless periods, Ovechkin went into a prolonged celebration after putting the puck in the net 8:04 into the third period to put Washington ahead 3-2.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180144&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Two Alexanders running the show in Washington? Man, if they had been a little more active during the off-season...

I want them to get Bondra back. It'd be great to see him with those 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts