Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/17/2006 5:32:02 PM

VERNON, B.C. (CP) - For years they were criticized, questioned and even mocked.

Daniel and Henrik Sedin finally played up to their promise and had their best NHL seasons last year. Both had career highs in goals, assists and points on a Vancouver Canucks team that failed to make the playoffs.

The Swedish twins, who turn 26 later this month, want to improve on those numbers this year, and get the Canucks back into the playoffs. But like everyone else they have no idea who will be the other winger on Vancouver's second line after free-agent Anson Carter signed with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

"If we get the right person you'll notice right away," left-winger and trigger man Daniel said about breaking in a new linemate. "It could be tough, it could be very easy too."

Centre Henrik, the setup man, didn't want to dwell on the loss of Carter.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=177897&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Unfortunate that Carter wanted to leave for more $$$ rather than be a part of a a line he had so much chemistry on.

The Sedin-Sedin-Carter line was one of the best second lines in the league, and one of the best period.

·
Banned
44 Posts
It strikes me odd how come Carter left. He was so dominant with the Sedins, great chemistry. I think they will probably have Jan Bulis or another winger thats decent or almost at their level that the Canucks signed in the off season.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I saw some highlights of a game they played a few days back (I think it was against teh Calgary Flames). They had Naslund on their line. It's possible that they could end up on the top line, and Morrison might be dropped down.

Bulis was playing with Kesler in the few clips I saw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts