Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schenn is rly starting to look like a genuine shut down defender and is starting to show leadership qualities

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Yup, the kid is looking good. Still makes some rookie mistakes and at times tries to do too much, but if he keeps his game simple he will be a great player.

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
I see him as Captain within 5 years!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Schenn has been great and is the best defensive defencemen this team has had since Dmitri Yushkevich, and that's saying something considering he's still only a teenager. He's going to be something special for sure.

I'm concerned thought that he's trying to do too much right now. I think his offensive game will eventually come, but since that big play against Pittsburgh, I think he's been forcing his offensive game a little too much and that has led to some defensive mistakes and giveaways.

It's a learning experience and he isn't perfect yet, but he's probably the best homegrown prospect since Wendel Clarke or Tomas Kaberle.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Schenn just needs to keep his head in the game when the Leafs get a lead. In dreamland the Leafs get Pronger, but they at least need to get a really good d-man Schenn can learn off, no offense to Kubina or Kaberle, but he's already better then them defense wise.

HockeyFansMail - Schenn Scores/Habs Never were Contenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MCs-hDVFkA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts