Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it... but frankly i'm very hapy about it!

The Sens have always lacked heart. They have guys like Alfredsson (who got beat for the series winning goal!!) that put in absolutely no effort. He is an embarassement to hockey.

I'm glad the Sens lost - time to re-build!!! Trade Alfredsson and get some real talent ... like a Thornton or something.

·
Registered
227 Posts
While not surprised that Buffalo won, I am surprised by the effort that the Sen's put forth. I'm with you, on your statement of no heart. The Sabres won 3 games in OT, and all the games were 1 goal affairs. A very close series, but at the same time, it just seemed that Buffalo, after they won the first game in such dramatic fashion, was destined to beat the Senators.

Next up, most likely will be Carolina. Unlike the Sen's, they DO have heart, and plenty of skill to boot. Should be a great Eastern Final.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't see the big surprise when a team that finishes a game and a half behind another team beats them in playoffs. And during the second half of the season I'd assume that Buffalo was the better team as I seem to remember the Senators having an awesome start.

I am impressed with how few Senators fans seem to have ever played or even watched hockey before though. There seem to be a lot of people thinking that Emery didn't play good enough. Anyone who's ever actually been on a rink and knows a thing or two about the game would have been yelling at the tv a few seconds before the 2nd and 3rd goals tonight as the defence let players walk right in completely uncontested. Basically no chance for the goalie on either of those goals and a lot more in the series (if you want someone to blame take a look at Alfredson and the defence's coverage on that last play. It's pretty indicative of the rest of the series). A team that lets the Sabres (or any NHL team's) offence have as many easy goals as the Sens gave up in this series doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs at all, let alone win a series. I hope Emery doesn't take the flack for this as he completely kept his team in the series in game 4 and played really solid in games 2,3 and 5 with what little help/effort his defence gave him.

As an aside, does anyone know why Havlat, Spezza and Heatly weren't put together? They're the only ones who seem to actually be able to setup a play on the team and play great on the powerplay when they're together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umcrouc0 said:
I don't see the big surprise when a team that finishes a game and a half behind another team beats them in playoffs. And during the second half of the season I'd assume that Buffalo was the better team as I seem to remember the Senators having an awesome start.

I am impressed with how few Senators fans seem to have ever played or even watched hockey before though. There seem to be a lot of people thinking that Emery didn't play good enough. Anyone who's ever actually been on a rink and knows a thing or two about the game would have been yelling at the tv a few seconds before the 2nd and 3rd goals tonight as the defence let players walk right in completely uncontested. Basically no chance for the goalie on either of those goals and a lot more in the series (if you want someone to blame take a look at Alfredson and the defence's coverage on that last play. It's pretty indicative of the rest of the series). A team that lets the Sabres (or any NHL team's) offence have as many easy goals as the Sens gave up in this series doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs at all, let alone win a series. I hope Emery doesn't take the flack for this as he completely kept his team in the series in game 4 and played really solid in games 2,3 and 5 with what little help/effort his defence gave him.

As an aside, does anyone know why Havlat, Spezza and Heatly weren't put together? They're the only ones who seem to actually be able to setup a play on the team and play great on the powerplay when they're together.
Excellent post. I completely agree that the Sens defense was terrible. Frankly, I think the Sens thought they could just score more goals than any team in the league, and leave the rest to Hasek. Emery did not play poorly, the Sens defense played horrible.

·
Registered
229 Posts
rdlviper said:
Excellent post. I completely agree that the Sens defense was terrible. Frankly, I think the Sens thought they could just score more goals than any team in the league, and leave the rest to Hasek. Emery did not play poorly, the Sens defense played horrible.
Emery kept them in the game. If he had had some help, they might have won that series. But, there's no way they'd have beaten either NJ, or Carolina. I loved Pominger's quote after the game.
Pominger said:
I looked up and saw it was Alfredson, and knew he was a forward, so I knew I could beat him.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
i would have liked to see the Sens go all the way, now im hoping on Edmonton.. .ok, what are the odds that they will take the cup home? Not likely :rolleyes:

To get cleaned like the sens did is embarrassing, they need someone on the team that can get them into the game, just seems like they tossed in the towel too early.

Least now they can go play golf with the Red Wings :laugh:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
NICEGUY said:
i would have liked to see the Sens go all the way, now im hoping on Edmonton.. .ok, what are the odds that they will take the cup home? Not likely :rolleyes:

To get cleaned like the sens did is embarrassing, they need someone on the team that can get them into the game, just seems like they tossed in the towel too early.

Least now they can go play golf with the Red Wings :laugh:
Yeah, me too...Edmonton is gonna win, don't worry. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
rdlviper said:
I can't believe it... but frankly i'm very hapy about it!

The Sens have always lacked heart. They have guys like Alfredsson (who got beat for the series winning goal!!) that put in absolutely no effort. He is an embarassement to hockey.

I'm glad the Sens lost - time to re-build!!! Trade Alfredsson and get some real talent ... like a Thornton or something.
lol what u think u dissing ur own canadain team i live in edmonton, alberta and i dont want only oilesr to win i just want a canadian team cauz after they think american teams are better..... anywyaz now only oilesr left and every1 pray for them!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I knew the series wouldn't be easy for Ottawa... I just didn't know they would lose. I had them in 6. The Sabres are a very balanced team, especially their forward lines. They did a good job of working with the salary cap.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i was happy when the sens lost...but i was surprised.. i actualy thought the sens would win this yr...bcuz they were strong all year..but if hasek would of been playing...maybe they would be in the fianls playing edmonton!

i never thought i'd go for edmonton until this day...lol...cuz its my brothers fav team..and he always brags about them and he disses toronto..but oh well lmao..its a canadian team and i love roli and pronger! they are awesome!! go oilersssssssss!!! lol:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
hockey_gurl_13 said:
i actualy thought the sens would win this yr...bcuz they were strong all year..
While they pounded on Tampa hey were lazy for entire periods in that series - letting a so-so Tampa team score four goals in a short period of time(i.e the 8-4 win should have been 7-5 or less due to disallowed goals and crackpot goaltending).

Buffalo has the grit Ottawa doesn't. Sens need a solid leader - Pronger, Brind'Amour, Scott Niedermayer, etc.. that's cool and calm under pressure and who can inspire fellow teammates. I say the same for the Leafs - Sundin is great but he's no leader.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts