Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - Anyone who thought the Sabres' run to the 2006 Eastern Conference finals was a fluke is being proven wrong, at least so far.

The Sabres are off to one of the best starts in franchise history, as their six straight wins to open the campaign is only two shy of the mark set in 1975-76.

On Tuesday, Maxim Afinogenov scored a goal and added a career-high four assists, as the Sabres trounced the visiting Philadelphia Flyers, 9-1, at HSBC Arena.

Thomas Vanek added two goals and two assists while Chris Drury scored his seventh goal of the season for Buffalo, which erupted with six goals in the second period en route to the dominating victory.

Goaltender Ryan Miller made 37 saves, and continues to build on his spectacular postseason performance from last spring.

In all, the Sabres have won their last 11 regular-season games dating to last season and have tied the team record that was set at the end of the 1974-75 campaign and the start of 1975-76.

Drury is off to the best start of his career from a personal standpoint, checking in with seven goals and three assists. Four of his seven tallies have come via the power play.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
14 Posts
i think that buffalo is off to a amazing start 6-0, dury already having 7 goals in the season, ryan miller playing amazing in the games that he has played and biron played well in his game. now there is one problem they play the hurricanes who they played well against in the opener and i know this was the opening game but they still went to the shootout. and this game is at home, but i thik they will still have some trouble playing this game. i wish them the best of luck.
GO SABRES!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I didn't think it was a fluke. Couldn't have, since the Sabres were actually my darkhorse team last season.

They're just solid right through the whole roster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts