Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW DELHI, India (AP) -- An Indian runner who won a silver medal in the women's 800 meters at the Asian Games failed a gender test and was stripped of the medal.

Shanti Sounderajan, 25, took the gender test in Doha, Qatar, after placing second.

"IOA has asked the Athletic Federation of India to return the medal as desired by the Olympic Council of Asia," the Indian Olympic group said.

Full Story

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK, that is really dumb and weird, and akward

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Lol, this is really funny.

There are no compulsory gender tests during events sanctioned by the International Association of Athletics Federations, but athletes may be asked to take a gender test.
Yeah, talk about awkward. "Excuse me ma'am. No are under no obligation to do this put, uhh, we were wondering if you would mind taking this gender test. Basically, we don't believe you're a girl."

They said she probably didn't have a sex change surgery or antyhing though.

Instead, the official said Soundarajan appeared to have "abnormal chromosomes." The official also said the test revealed more Y chromosomes than allowed.
:eek:

I gotta say I had no idea there was different levels of being a women depending on the amount of Y chromosomes in their DNA. How much of a women are you? lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts