Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard rumours that marty is sick of getting looked at after every loss. it's team game. Will he go?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't talk to him so I couldn't give you any source considered valid. It was in a newspaper (might have been the NY times), and yes i know that is not valid. You have to wonder though, is he going to be happy playing for NJ when he gets all the blame when they lose? Does he want to play on a contender at his age. I don't but this stuff up for arguemrnts, it's just interesting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard rumours that marty is sick of getting looked at after every loss. it's team game. Will he go?
That's the most un-Marty like thing I've ever heard. I can't remember one loss that I've said "Marty, this was your fault." With the exception of his slow start through the first ten or so games, he hasn't let in any soft goals in my memory and, to me, both offense and defense rank among the five worst in the NHL. Lucky for us, goaltending ranks number one.

If Marty left NJ would be screwed...half of hockey is scoring key goals, and with such weak offense and strategy, we (as a team-sorry Madden, Elias, and Parise) can't seem to do that.

This is just a bad rumour. The Devs would be sick to let Marty explore other options.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
I don't talk to him so I couldn't give you any source considered valid. It was in a newspaper (might have been the NY times), and yes i know that is not valid. You have to wonder though, is he going to be happy playing for NJ when he gets all the blame when they lose? Does he want to play on a contender at his age. I don't but this stuff up for arguemrnts, it's just interesting.
There's your first problem, it's the NY SLIMES...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I don't think anybody outside of some in the media (and maybe some rival fans/Brodeur doubters) has put the blame for the Devils losses squarely on his shoulders. He doesn't deserve any more blame than the 18 skaters who played in front of him, or the coaches for that matter. As for him playing for a contender, I'd say that would be a valid argument if he didn't already have 3 Cup rings. I'm sure he'd love to win another one, but it would be in a Devils jersey.

"This is what I believe in. Being a Devil."

That quote is from his book, and I for one firmly believe it. Anything is possible I guess, but I would be shocked if he ever decided to go to another team.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Since when does the NY TImes know anything about hockey?
The NYT knows ZERO about hockey.

About 10 years ago I bought the Sunday Times because they heavily promoted a 10 page special sports section in the Times magazine. If you've never seen the Sunday Times it's 10-15 sections and about 400-500 pages.

This wasn't long after the Rangers won so I knew that they'd have something about the Rangers in there.

10 pages on the history of sports and NOT ONE WORD ABOUT HOCKEY. The word hockey never appeared in print. BUT - they had 1 1/2 pages about lesbians in sports.

That's the NYT.

All the news that promotes their left wing agenda.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The NYT knows ZERO about hockey.

About 10 years ago I bought the Sunday Times because they heavily promoted a 10 page special sports section in the Times magazine. If you've never seen the Sunday Times it's 10-15 sections and about 400-500 pages.

This wasn't long after the Rangers won so I knew that they'd have something about the Rangers in there.

10 pages on the history of sports and NOT ONE WORD ABOUT HOCKEY. The word hockey never appeared in print. BUT - they had 1 1/2 pages about lesbians in sports.

That's the NYT.

All the news that promotes their left wing agenda.
No you can't, actually i've had that happen with a lot of papers, but in all honesty, I kinda wish he would. I'm not trying to piss off any Devils fans, but I would love to see him somewhere where people actually give a crap about hockey. In 2004, they didn't sell out until game 7 of the finals. That is sad when you have the best goalie on earth playing in front of 5 thou every night.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I had heard that Marty's agent said that he was wanting out of NJ, then I actually saw Marty being interviewed on TSN and Sportsnet that he said no such thing, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I had heard that Marty's agent said that he was wanting out of NJ, then I actually saw Marty being interviewed on TSN and Sportsnet that he said no such thing, but who knows.
I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Marty even has an agent. Or at least he hasn't used one to negotiate his last couple contracts with the Devils.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Marty doesnt have an agent. He's sick of them, or at least thats what I thought. Besides, If Marty ever had any intention of leaving NJ, Lou would keep it under wraps from the media until the very last minute.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No you can't, actually i've had that happen with a lot of papers, but in all honesty, I kinda wish he would. I'm not trying to piss off any Devils fans, but I would love to see him somewhere where people actually give a crap about hockey. In 2004, they didn't sell out until game 7 of the finals. That is sad when you have the best goalie on earth playing in front of 5 thou every night.
That's still pretty impressive. The New Jersey Devils sold out game 7 of the 2004 finals. They have some great salesmen up in that front office.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
i doubt it. i mean, i personally rarley blame Marty for a loss and blame the devils generall lack of scoring. I dont think marty will leave just cause of what he has in NJ.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think anybody outside of some in the media (and maybe some rival fans/Brodeur doubters) has put the blame for the Devils losses squarely on his shoulders. He doesn't deserve any more blame than the 18 skaters who played in front of him, or the coaches for that matter. As for him playing for a contender, I'd say that would be a valid argument if he didn't already have 3 Cup rings. I'm sure he'd love to win another one, but it would be in a Devils jersey.

"This is what I believe in. Being a Devil."

That quote is from his book, and I for one firmly believe it. Anything is possible I guess, but I would be shocked if he ever decided to go to another team.
It is only the media that gets on his case, which is dumb. I can't beleive the best goalie of my generation plays in front of 5 thousand meesly fans. If he were in Canada you could have a football stadium to watch the guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts