Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me why most people shoot left handed in hockey when your power hand should be on the bottom of your stick for pushing power?

:dunno:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
prowler440 said:
Could anyone tell me why most people shoot left handed in hockey when your power hand should be on the bottom of your stick for pushing power?

:dunno:
What if their left hand is their power hand?
or am i missing something here?

Im a righty, so im not worried.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just trying to get others people's thoughts,only ten percent of the world population are left handed, I guess what i'm trying to say is"why is 75 percent of the NHL and every farm team ,from every nation, not shooting with thier power hand. This is crazy and there has to be a reason for it,but nobody has the answer!!!

P.S. Hey NICEGUY you said your a righty does that mean you write with your right hand and shoot with a right stick because if so,you might have reason to worry considering the general population of right handed hockey players shoot with a left handed stick and this would make you odd!
:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
My buddy is left handed but he shoots right, so it works both ways

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah, I'm right handed, but I shoot left, and play baseball left handed too. I don't play golf, but I do go to Sportsworld in Kitchener, and I use a left handed driver in the driving range too.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
prowler440 said:
P.S. Hey NICEGUY you said your a righty does that mean you write with your right hand and shoot with a right stick because if so,you might have reason to worry considering the general population of right handed hockey players shoot with a left handed stick and this would make you odd!
:cool:
Yup, im a righty!. write with my right, shoot with a right handed stick, throw right handed.

I dont recall there being that many left handed players when i played, there were enough but still. I played left wing for a while being a righty shooter, i always felt it had an advantage coming in on the left wing on a goalie who was a left handed catcher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts