41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Now now grimster I don't want to go medievil on you...:D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
OK, you've said that what 3 or 4 times now?

HOW MUCH?
Like I said, whatever it took. if that's 4million , 5 million , 6 million, whatever it took. As long as they didn't pay the whole salary they would still be paying less then if they didn't trade him.

AGAIN, WHY would they want to get rid of him if he'd played so well???
They went and got Hasek because they didn't want him to end up going to a rival team like the Avs or St. Louis and they wanted to get rid of Cujo because they now had Hasek and they didn't need 2 high priced goalies.

But as Rusty said we have gotten off topic so this will be my last post on the Cujo issue. I just had to get my last 2 cents in :wink:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
$4-6M? :lol:

So what would that say about your "classy" doughjo if the only way to get ANYBODY to take him would be if they only had to pay him $2-4M??? :lol:

They went and got Hasek because they didn't want him to end up going to a rival team like the Avs or St. Louis
But they sure weren't worried about that in chokejo's case were they?

Could that be because Hasek is a FAR FAR better goaltender than weakinthekneesjo?

Hasek wanted to play in Detroit, I'm sure several teams would've offered him more than the $6M Detroit did.

Holland made a mistake signing careerloserjo, and had the guts to admit it after 1 season.

TFB if the poor little choker doesn't like getting waived. If he had played better he wouldn't be in the position, and if he had SO MUCH class, he could've released Detroit from the contract (Another thing Holland TRIED to negotiate with a buyout, but obviously dollarsignsjo wouldn't have any of it) and gone on his way to whoever would have him.

But as Rusty said we have gotten off topic so this will be my last post on the Cujo issue. I just had to get my last 2 cents in
Well I guess we could both do that all day, I don't really see what the problem is, nobody else is using the thread anyway, and the topic is "respect", which is what we are discussing.

Speaking of respect, as a fan of the least classy team in the history of the NHL, you need to have more for the classiest team in the league right now. :wink:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Matt Cooke said:
Yoata said:
That's hilarious, a leafer accusing the Wings of a lack of class.
Let me throw out a few names involving the Leafs:

Bryan Berard, Travis Green and Steve Thomas

Berard has an eye injury and the Leafs throw him away to Free Agency giving up all hope. Now the guy has one of the highest Point-Per-Game averages by a blue liner in the league. A lot of class there.

The Leafs put Travis Green on waivers after an impressive, but short post-season. Not to mention a solid checking-line center.

The Leafs turned down an offer to sign Steve Thomas, when he made it clear that he'd love to come back and play for the Leafs and that he lives in the Toronto area. This is the same character player that helped lead Anaheim to the Stanley Cup finals.

Real class there.
matt while your're at it, toss out another name Doug Gilmour, gets injured, works his ass off rehabing, what does jj jr do? lock the doors to the arena so he can't play there, states that they are not going to re-sign him, after he would give his heart and soul to the leafs, give 100% more then domi, reichel, reinberg, would every do on the ice!!!

but Berard, the leafs offered him a contract when he came back, but elected to go with the rangers

41 - 45 of 45 Posts