Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
they should have paid as much of his salary as it took to be able to trade him, after all they would have paid his entire salary to have Joseph play in the minors if they couldn't trade him.
Well I guess you know better than Ken Holland how to run an NHL team. :roll:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yoata said:
they should have paid as much of his salary as it took to be able to trade him, after all they would have paid his entire salary to have Joseph play in the minors if they couldn't trade him.
Well I guess you know better than Ken Holland how to run an NHL team. :roll:
I'm not saying the wings don't know how to run their team properly, all I'm saying is that they showed no class in how they handled the Joseph situation. Joseph is a classy veteran player and the wings didn't show any respect for him at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
here's why i respect selanne. :roll:

taken from tsn.ca"I don't know if the guys are so fired up, if they're taking sudies (Sudafed) or ephedra or whatever, but the guys are not thinking clearly," he told the Post. "If that's the case, we've got to fix that problem."

now his excuse is that everyone else is on drugs. for christ's sake, shut up and play. all this guy has done all year is yip about how everyone else is hampering his/the game.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Again, they waived him twice, and tried for quite a while to trade him, even offering to eat part of his salary. It has absolutely nothing to do with the "class" of the organization, it has to do with the fact that obviously NOBODY was very interested in foldjo's services, if you can't see that then it is obvious your comments come more from ignorance than anywhere else.

I'd say at the very most they should've offered to eat $2M MAXIMUM of doughjo's salary.

If they have to eat more than that, what does that say about the way josieve is viewed as a goaltender in the NHL?

And again, completely laughable that this is coming from a fan of the team with by far the longest, and widest history of totally classless acts, while the Wings are widely known as one of the classiest, if not THE classiest organization in the league. :roll:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yoata said:
Again, they waived him twice, and tried for quite a while to trade him, even offering to eat part of his salary. It has absolutely nothing to do with the "class" of the organization, it has to do with the fact that obviously NOBODY was very interested in foldjo's services, if you can't see that then it is obvious your comments come more from ignorance than anywhere else.

I'd say at the very most they should've offered to eat $2M MAXIMUM of doughjo's salary.

If they have to eat more than that, what does that say about the way josieve is viewed as a goaltender in the NHL?

And again, completely laughable that this is coming from a fan of the team with by far the longest, and widest history of totally classless acts, while the Wings are widely known as one of the classiest, if not THE classiest organization in the league. :roll:
they should have offered to eat however much of his salary as it took to get him traded to another team. They created the whole mess by signing Hasek and they should have done whatever it took to clean up that mess. Nobody picked him up off waivers due to his salary and the new CBA coming up, but they could have easily traded him if they had offered to eat enough of his salary. As for the Leafs being a classless team, what has this current group of people in power done that is classless, and no I don't care about past owners or GM's as they are no longer in this organization and don't have any impact on the Leafs today, and no I'm not talking about what players have done if you want to get into that, I can remember Chelios basically threatening to go after Bettman's family last time there was a lockout due to the CBA and that is by far worse than what any Leaf player has done. What about the current Leaf organization do you find classless?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
proudtobecanadian said:
The leafs thought Berard was done, when they found out he was coming back they made him an offer but he went to another team. I don't see how putting Green on waivers or not signing Thomas shows disrespect by the Leafs. The Leafs no longer wanted Green on the team, so they let him go on waivers, and as for thomas, the Leafs don't have to sign players just because they want to play for them. How does any of these examples show disrespect or a lack of class by the Leafs?
Oh, you're right. That has nothing to do with class. It only shows how stupid Quinn was as GM.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
they should have offered to eat however much of his salary as it took to get him traded to another team.
That's a crock and you know it, you don't just give somebody away AND pay most of their salary.

Since you're so much smarter than Ken Holland, how much should they have agreed to eat?

They created the whole mess by signing Hasek and they should have done whatever it took to clean up that mess.
Yeah, sure, josieve's poor performance had nothing to do with it. :roll:

If he wasn't a career choke artist he wouldn't have been in that position.

And what makes him so friggen classy anyway? I seem to recall a lot of leaf fans being pissed right off at him for the way he left town.

He wanted to go to Detroit because they have a winning attitude and the leaf don't. Well guess what, that WINNING attitude is the exact reason why they jumped at the chance to being Hasek back, and had no use for chokerjo.

As for the Leafs being a classless team, what has this current group of people in power done that is classless, and no I don't care about past owners or GM's as they are no longer in this organization and don't have any impact on the Leafs today, and no I'm not talking about what players have done if you want to get into that, I can remember Chelios basically threatening to go after Bettman's family last time there was a lockout due to the CBA and that is by far worse than what any Leaf player has done. What about the current Leaf organization do you find classless?
Basically everything, from the owners right on down to the players, oh but then I'm not allowed to talk about anything that you don't want to hear, LOL.

You wish the leaf were considered by ANYONE anywhere near as classy as the Red Wings are universally revered as, and you know it.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
That's a crock and you know it, you don't just give somebody away AND pay most of their salary.

Since you're so much smarter than Ken Holland, how much should they have agreed to eat?
They should have agreed to eat whatever it took, this was not a money issue to them, after all if they couldn't trade Joseph they would have had to pay his full salary to play in the minors. If they traded him they would have had to pay a good portion of his salary, but at least they wouldn't have to pay all of it and they could get something back for him.

Yeah, sure, josieve's poor performance had nothing to do with it.
What poor performance? Was it Joseph's fault that Detroit couldn't score more than 6 times in the entire series?

And what makes him so friggen classy anyway? I seem to recall a lot of leaf fans being pissed right off at him for the way he left town.

He wanted to go to Detroit because they have a winning attitude and the leaf don't. Well guess what, that WINNING attitude is the exact reason why they jumped at the chance to being Hasek back, and had no use for chokerjo.
Joseph has always been a classy player and the way he handled this whole situation proves that. As for Detroit getting Hasek, I have no problem with that, it's what they did to Cujo after that I have a problem with.

Basically everything, from the owners right on down to the players, oh but then I'm not allowed to talk about anything that you don't want to hear, LOL.

You wish the leaf were considered by ANYONE anywhere near as classy as the Red Wings are universally revered as, and you know it.
The reason I said not to bother bringing up the old owners or the players is because while I know the old owners of the Leafs didn't have a lot of class (you don't have to look any further than Ballard to see that) they have nothing to do with the current team so you can't say the organization is not classy just because of what the people that used to own it did. I know the Leaf players sometimes do things that aren't classy but having players that aren't classy doesn't make the organization classless or else there wouldn't very many teams in this league that could be considered classy as almost every team in the league has players that aren't classy.

As for me wishing that others considered the leafs classy ... no. I don't care what others think of the Leafs, in fact if other teams fans don't hate your team, in my opinion your team is doing something wrong.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
They should have agreed to eat whatever it took, this was not a money issue to them, after all if they couldn't trade Joseph they would have had to pay his full salary to play in the minors. If they traded him they would have had to pay a good portion of his salary, but at least they wouldn't have to pay all of it and they could get something back for him.
OK, you've said that what 3 or 4 times now?

HOW MUCH?

What poor performance? Was it Joseph's fault that Detroit couldn't score more than 6 times in the entire series?
Yeah, here's the facts. Detroit carried the play in every game, outmatched and and outshot them by a wide margin.

The difference? $8Mjo got schooled by the rookie at the other end.

THAT was the difference in the series, and every game. Like most who argue otherwise, you obviousy didn't see the series and all the weak goals chokejo let in.

AGAIN, WHY would they want to get rid of him if he'd played so well??? :roll:

Joseph has always been a classy player
Again, completely ignore what I said and just keep repeating it like a broken record, perhaps you'll convince yourself that way, you'll be the only one.

The reason I said not to bother bringing up the old owners or the players is because while I know the old owners of the Leafs didn't have a lot of class (you don't have to look any further than Ballard to see that) they have nothing to do with the current team so you can't say the organization is not classy just because of what the people that used to own it did. I know the Leaf players sometimes do things that aren't classy but having players that aren't classy doesn't make the organization classless or else there wouldn't very many teams in this league that could be considered classy as almost every team in the league has players that aren't classy.

As for me wishing that others considered the leafs classy ... no. I don't care what others think of the Leafs, in fact if other teams fans don't hate your team, in my opinion your team is doing something wrong.
= blah blah blah when we both know what the truth is. :lol:

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
I agree, you cant just unload a goaltender that makes 8 M a year.. Maybe only the Rangers would have taken him at the time, but all the teams that wanted him wanted Detroit to eat a majority of the salary.

Yoata, I agree with you on most of those things... but they didn't lose against Anaheim because of him. Partly, yes. Lack of offence - which was the main reason they lost.

They couldn't make it against Anaheim's trap, and Giggy came up huge - now that you must give Cujo, 3 overtimes and he gave them a chance to win..

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
scorpion, you too obviously did not see the series.

AGAIN, Detroit dominated every game, badly outshooting them, they had no lack of offense, just look at the shot totals if you really believe that.

The difference, was goaltending, at both ends, but the fact is $8Mjo got badly outplayed by a no-name kid.

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
I'll be honest, I watched maybe 2 or 3 of the games.

Gigure was awesome, yes. That seriously shouldn't stop a high scoring team from at least salvaging one game?

Blaming the goalie is the easy way out. We know you don't like Cujo - I don't like Cujo, but don't try to deny his skill.. obviously you will, but he was on team Canada for a reason.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
They'd have salvaged a lot more than 1 game if not for softgoaljo's choking.

Team Canada?

I'm glad you brought that up, he was shilled onto that team, and the only action he saw proved yet again that he can't handle pressure.

LOL, taintendmedaljo strikes again.

If the Wings win the cup it'll be Legace carrying the load, and whatafarcejo will have his name on the cup, so that's nice.

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
Yoata said:
whatafarcejo will have his name on the cup, so that's nice.
but that was his intention on going to Detroit, eh? ;)

sorry, but I think you're alone on the "Cujo sucks" idea.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
but that was his intention on going to Detroit, eh?
Of course it was, he knew the leaf would never be good enough to carry him there. It certainly wasn't the Wings' idea to have him just ride along though, especially not while making $8M per.

sorry, but I think you're alone on the "Cujo sucks" idea.
Hah! Hardly. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
Excuse me, I may be wrong here but I was sure that this thread was in the Colorado forum, did I miss something or did a Mod move this inadvertantly from the Detroit forum, the last time I seen a Colorado roster Cujo was not on it.

Now please do us a favour and get it back on topic.............................................

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Earnhardt said:
Excuse me, I may be wrong here but I was sure that this thread was in the Colorado forum, did I miss something or did a Mod move this inadvertantly from the Detroit forum, the last time I seen a Colorado roster Cujo was not on it.

Now please do us a favour and get it back on topic.............................................
... his last jar of PMS cream gone... Rusty felt the blood rush to his face... and before he could stop himself... it was too late... :]

21 - 40 of 45 Posts