Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hockey News/TSN.ca Staff

11/7/2007 3:09:15 PM

The Hockey News is reporting that the city of Nashville has reached an agreement to rework the Predators lease of the Sommet Centre with the local ownership group that will keep the team in Nashville for at least three years.

THN.com is reporting that a prospective ownership group, led by local businessman David Freeman has an agreement in place to purchase the franchise from Predators' current owner Craig Leipold for about $193 million. Sources tell THN.com that Freeman has reached a deal with the city to rework the team's arena lease that will guarantee the Predators remain in Nashville until at least through the 2010-11 season.
Full Story

Hummm, sounds like they got concessions to stay, but to only gaurentee three years?? That doesn't seem like much.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Agreement reached in sale of Predators

The Canadian Press
11/16/2007 7:47:23 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A local investor group trying to buy the Nashville Predators reached an agreement with city officials on changes to the arena lease.

In the deal announced Friday afternoon, Mayor Karl Dean said the team would be required to stay in Nashville for five years or it would have to pay back the city its investment in the operations of the Sommet Center.
SOURCE

Now they are saying there is a guarantee of staying in Nashville for the next 5 years.

Still have to wait and see if everything passed the approval of the Metro Sports Authority and city council, plus the NHL's Board of Governors.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
It's finally DONE!!!!

NHL approves sale of Predators
TSN.ca Staff
11/29/2007 9:20:32 PM

The National Hockey League's Board of Governors have approved the sale of the Nashville Predators to a local group headed by David Freeman.

The Freeman group is expected to close on the sale within the next few days.
SOURCE

I'm glad to see that this is finally finished with!!

I guess it's just a matter of crosses all the T's and dotting all the I's now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts