Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
10/9/2006 3:04:01 PM

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Flyers are looking to sign free agent veteran defenceman Brian Leetch.

The Flyers are without Mike Rathje for an indefinite period due to a herniated disk, and would like Leetch to solidify their power play.

"Brian has not made any decisions about the season so far," Leetch's agent Jay Grossman told the Inquirer. "We've been contacted by a number of teams about playing this season. There are a number of things Brian has to sort through. He's made no decision in his personal situation."

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It could be a great move for the Flyers. I guess at this point Leetch would just be happy to play another year and to have another postseason.

Here's Philly's D:

Joni Pitkanen
Derian Hatcher
Denis Gauthier
*Mike Rathje
Nolan Baumgartner
Freddy Meyer

*Out with an injury.

It's not the worst in the league but like the article said, Leetch might be able to add something to the PP.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Strange though. He's been contacted by the Rangers as well. It must mean something is up if he doesn't even want to return to the team he made a name for himself on.

I mean, if he's not willing to sign with the Rangers (who have a much improved team from when he was traded to the Leafs).

I also heard something about Edmonton, but I think the Oilers were the ones who pulled out of that one.

In all honesty, if Cola wasn't on the Leafs, I'd want him back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts