Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys heard if the trade rumors are true the Flames want to pick up Simon Gagne for Robin Regher?

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Wow I havent heard this rumor at all:dunno: But It would be good for Calgarys offence but also weaken thery're defence alot. I say Hamirlik, High draft pick, and a young guy for Gagne, dont trade Regher away.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Canuck said:
Wow I havent heard this rumor at all:dunno: But It would be good for Calgarys offence but also weaken thery're defence alot. I say Hamirlik, High draft pick, and a young guy for Gagne, dont trade Regher away.
I think it would take more than that too get Gange out of Philly. I think he's only 26 and already a great player who just needs a team around him. Philly would be better off keeping Gange and using him as their building piece.

I think maybe Hamirlik, High draft pick, and a young guy for Forsberg is more likely.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
shookem said:
I think it would take more than that too get Gange out of Philly. I think he's only 26 and already a great player who just needs a team around him. Philly would be better off keeping Gange and using him as their building piece.

I think maybe Hamirlik, High draft pick, and a young guy for Forsberg is more likely.
Yeah but hopefully Calgary is smart enough and wait until they get clafification to see if Forsberg will stay in the NHL next year or retire. Was he supposed to go to Europe and play??

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Sherek X said:
Have you guys heard if the trade rumors are true the Flames want to pick up Simon Gagne for Robin Regher?
I haven't heard anything of the sort either? Plus, I think getting rid of Regher, would be a very bad move on Calgary's part!!!

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
panoo said:
I haven't heard anything of the sort either? Plus, I think getting rid of Regher, would be a very bad move on Calgary's part!!!
Regher is lacking this year, who knows. I'm a little undecided, hope no trade happens.:(

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Sherek X said:
Regher is lacking this year, who knows. I'm a little undecided, hope no trade happens.:(
I still think it would be a bad move, on Calgary's part!!

Look at Tanguay, he was REALLY lacking in his play, but he's starting to turn things around, Regher could do the same, it only takes one game!!!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive heard alot bout the hamrlik, 1st rounder n young guy (lombardi) for forsberg trade...i think this would be AMAZING for the flames...it would take them to the cup, i believe....regher is a solid de-man, even if hes havin a slump...come playoffs, he'll be the guy to bear 26+ mins without a doubt. bringing in peter the great would reignite the duo of forsberg n tanguay who both complimented each other best in denver! add in iggy in there and that becomes a better line than alfy-spezza-heatley of last year. langkow would take lombardis spot on the second unit and all would be well in calgary! losing hamrlik would make a little difference o nthe defence as the flames have always had good reserve defencemen come in earlier in the year! or, worst case, see how everything goes, n then in a month, come deadline, make a quick deal to pickup a mediocre de-man (not like all-star rory fitzpatrick :|). i think this would definitely push the flames to glory as their issues have been scoring more than defending, although tonights 6-5 loss to the canucks would prove me wrong, it is usually the case. and to say the flames should not pickup peter because his future is insecure is non-sense! any team picking up foreberg would be for the intention of winning the cup THIS YEAR! after that, use the cap space to pickup some decent player(s) so that the team doesnt dismantle like the hurricanes, who won the cup, knowing 3/4s of the team wouldnt be back the following year!

·
Banned
30 Posts
Would be the best move Sutter makes his whole GM career. We are filled at defencemen. Imagine the line of Gagne Iginla and Tanguay. Gives me a woody thinking of it.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
ShooterMcGavin said:
Would be the best move Sutter makes his whole GM career. We are filled at defencemen. Imagine the line of Gagne Iginla and Tanguay. Gives me a woody thinking of it.
lol. I would be a incredible line though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts