Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
11/9/2006 5:23:40 PM

Detroit Red Wings forward Jason Williams as been placed on injured reserve due to a first-degree concussion and facial laceration he sustained during Wednesday's contest against the Edmonton Oilers.

Williams was taken off the ice on a stretcher and left Joe Louis Arena in an ambulance and sent to hospital.

After he tried to score on a wraparound attempt midway through the second period, Torres leveled him with a hard shoulder check to the face. Williams went flying to the ice and appeared to land on his face. He then lay motionless in the corner.

"I'm not trying to hurt anybody," Torres said after the game. "I'm just trying to finish my hits out there. It's part of me playing my game. It's tough to see stuff like that. As a fan or a player, you don't want to see things like that."

Williams claims to remember everything, although doctors did say he appeared to be "out" on the ice for a few seconds.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
he undergoes neurological testing tonight.. hopefully the laceration isnt too bad. from the camera angle you didnt see very much..

~GET WELL SOON WILLIE!!!!~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts