Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is the Red Wings pre-all-star game MVP?

Is anyone else close behind and may overtake them in the second half of the season?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I picked Hasek because he is amazing for a 41 year old. He has his good nights, and his bad nights. But, there are those nights where he is completely amazing, shutouts, and crazy saves.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked Hasek too. I just think that without him the Red Wings would be the most talented team not to make the playoffs.

Not a huge Hasek fan, but like DD said, you gotta respect a guy doing what his doing at his age.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Hasek may be doing well for the Wings, but I do not think that he has been the MVP for the team. I think that the clear MVP has been Lidstrom. Its really not much of a competition, he has done everything that this team has needed him to do and more. He has made for a better leader than I expected, and trust me, that is saying a lot. The Red Wings would not be the same team without him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both Hasek and Lidstrom have both played well enough for the MVP. We could just make things simple. Give Lidstrom the MVP and Hasek the Vezina.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I wasn't knocking on Lidstrom at all, he is one of my favorite players. I think they are both the MVPs. Lidstrom has amazing leadership and is an excellent captain. While Hasek has been amazing in net as of late.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
I want to define this for you guys. Hasek= good, nothing more. Lidstrom= great, nothing less. Therefore we come to the conclusion that Lidstrom's performance has been worth more to the team, and is team MVP. Hasek's performance doesn't come close to that of Lidstroms. The problem is that you guys get too used to Lidstroms amazing play, that you don't fully understand how much this team would miss him. More than that, you can't replace Lidstrom, where its easy enough to replace Hasek.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Though I think Hasek's performance has been a bit overated this year (Not much in All-Star Game considerations? :dunno: ) Lidstrom has been great for the Wings as well.

It's tough to chose between the two really, but I'll have to give it to Lidstrom here. He's been much more consistent than Dom has on the whole.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I wrote my opinion all goofy. My vote should have gone to Lidstrom. I meant to write that Hasek was number 2 in my book. Sorry for some of the commotion in this post because of that.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Go Dan Cleary! XD On a serious note, Nicklas Lidstrom with Cleary coming in 2nd. Why Cleary? Because when Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lang died Cleary took off and lead the team offensively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts