Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the euphoria of the Tigers' victory party Saturday night, in case you were taking brief looks at the television just to see how the Red Wings were doing, yes, they won.

That would be the Tigers, yes, and the Red Wings.

Strangely, the Wings" game was actually much tougher than the Tigers facing the Yankees.

The Wings won a hard-fought 2-0 struggle over the Penguins for their first victory of the season.

complete article

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
there will be alot of fighting considering the wings have lost brendan shanahan and steve yzerman, and many other older players.

I think it will be tough this season because we went a lil younger, but then again, thats totally good move for detroit considering the other teams were already going younger before detroit did.

I mean if you look around the league you dont see a team full of veterans, they all have mixes of different sizes , skills, and abilities that will be best for their team.

I think this season will be a test, to see how well the wings can do without the captain stevie yzerman. It will not be the same because he wont be their rally leader this year, he wont be the guy that puts the team on his back and lights the lamp to get them moving. he wont be the man that is the humble one on ice and doesnt do things for his own self gain. he will be the man upstairs if you will, the man in the office, so he can practice those things in the office..

but we need someone to take those steve yzerman like practices to the ice. thats what we need, a true leader.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts