Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35th Overall: Tomas Jurco

Game breaking potential. Nasty hands with creativity and great top speed with the ability to control the puck at the top speed is a nasty combination. Decent finisher but could assert himself more in putting the puck in the net instead of trying to always make the pretty play. Work on offensive consistency, his overall game and consistency with his physical play is needed for him to take the next step.

48th Overall: Xavier Ouellet

More of a two-way defenseman that was able to put up the points with a lot more minutes this year. Calm and composed in his own end, makes good choices with the puck, doesn't panic and hammer if off the glass often. Thinks the game really well. Like Jurco, consistency has to be there game after game at the CHL level.

55th Overall: Ryan Sproul

Defenseman with a huge frame at 6'4" that shoots right handed. Cannon of a shot that was absolutely lethal on the Greyhounds' powerplay this year. Needs to work on his positioning in his own end, get stronger and learn how to use his size more effectively.

85th Overall: Alan Quine

Needs a lot of work on his consistency and his defensive game. Offensive talent is there, as is the skating, but his game-by-game performance is erratic. Highs and lows are common when watching him, as is seeing him failing to pick up his man and missing coverage completely. As a 3rd round pick though, the offensive upside was great, so fingers crossed he can figure out the rest of the game.

115th Overall: Marek Tvrdon

Already has NHL size, standing 6'2" and weighting 212 pounds. Has a great shot and loves to play in both traffic and in a cycle. Needs to work on his acceleration and footspeed a little big, as well as recover from a shoulder injury that limited him to just the first 12 games of the year, so who knows how consistent he'll be over an entire season. Great start to the year though.

145th Overall: Philippe Hudon

Calling him a 'power forward' is a bit of a stretch because of his size, but he plays a tough, physical game. Didn't light the world on fire with his offensive production, and being committed to play his college hockey at Cornell might not help improve his offensive or physical game. A two-way forward with a physical edge.

146th Overall: Mattias Bäckman

He's number 9 in the dark sweater

Bäckman was a player I had my eye on as a mid-round pick. Thinks the game well, is mobile, can move the puck and can play at both ends of the ice. Was one of the best defensemen in the J20 SuperElit, so he found himself playing on Linköping's Elitserien team towards the end of the year (albeit, few minutes). Stick thin doesn't begin to describe him though, he needs to put on a good 20 or 30 pounds before he's NHL ready.

175th Overall: Richard Nedomlel

Big defenseman with a meanstreak and occasionally crosses into chippy play. He was starting to show signs of rounding out his game towards the end of the year when he started asserting himself move in the offensive zone and actually got powerplay time on the point during the final month. His decision making improved as the season went on too - instead of jumping right into physical play, he chose his spots more carefully. If he continues to improve his all-around game and defensive zone coverage, being a stay-at-home defenseman in professional hockey isn't out of the question.

205th Overall: Alexei Marchenko

Marchenko was a player that I thought would actually be drafted in 2010. His offensive talent is highly recognized and valued in Russia, as he was the face of their junior league, the MHL. Great frame, plays aggressively in his own zone, good skating, good passing and he's composed when carrying the puck. Needs to add weight because while he's listed at 183 pounds, he looked a lot lighter than that when he was given time in the KHL this season. As well, for a defenseman that's pretty well rounded, his shot is underwhelming, both in speed and his ability to get it through traffic. Adding strength to his frame will likely solve one of those issues, but he'll need to make better decisions as to when to shoot. Like Adam Almqvist and Ben Marshall the last two years, Marchenko could be a low-risk, high-reward defenseman.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Good stuff, thanks Vice.

I don't know much about any of the prospects outside of Jurco and Sproul. I like those picks, but I was kind of hoping for Puempel, and was a little disappointed when they traded down. Overall we picked up some decent sized defenders and I hope one of them turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
I like this year's draft strategy. Jurco seems like he'll be another Datsyuk. Aside from him, it appears the focus was on stocking the blue line with large, physical guys.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a couple notes on the players I've been able to see a few times already this year.

I'm loving Ouellet's progression as the captain of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (formerly the Montreal Junior) in the QMJHL. Playing a great all-around game, and hasn't been shy about sticking up for his teammates - already has three fights on the year. Granted, that's not his game, but it's nice to have players with that kind of character in the system.

I've also been really impressed with Nedomlel. Drafted as a bruiser, but he's leading the Swift Current Broncos in scoring so far this year. I'm not expecting him to keep up the pace he's currently on, but he's almost scored as many points this year as he did all of last season. Good to see some more of an offensive game developing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
หลักในการเลือกเบอร์โทรศัพท์ต้องเน้นที่จำง่าย เช่น การเลือกเป็นเลขตอง เบอร์ บางคนเขาใช้ถึงสองเบอร์เบอร์หนึ่งใช้ติต่อเรื่องงาน ส่วนอีกเบอร์ใช้ติดต่อเรื่องส่วนตัว เบอร์มือถือ เลยไม่สนใจในการเลือกใช้เบอร์โทรศัพท์ ทำให้ชีวิตเกิดความเดือดร้อน เบอร์สวย การเลือกใช้เบอร์สวยมีผลทำให้ชีวิตดีขึ้น หลายคนที่เปลี่ยนจากการใช้เบอร์ธรรมดามาใช้เบอร์สวย เบอร์ true เพราะโทรศัพท์รุ่นใหม่มีคำแนะนำ 2 ซิม ส่วนเบอร์ของบริษัทหรือสำนักงานส่วนใหญ่ก็จะเรื่องใช้เบอร์สวย เบอร์ dtac ซึ่งแต่ละเบอร์จะช่วยส่งเสริมในด้านที่ต่างกัน ผู้ที่ทำธุรกจแบบนี้ควรจะเลือกใช้เบอร์โทรศัพท์ที่เน้นเลขตัวไหน เบอร์โทรศัพท์เป็นสิ่งจำเป็นอย่างยิ่งในปัจจุบัน

1 - 8 of 8 Posts