Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Habs went 2-1-1 during regular season against the Caps, but can they win a 7-game series, or will we get a repeat of last year's 4-game sweep?

If they can win one in Washington, who knows...

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
The overtime record is obsolete in the post season, because it's all about wins and losses. During the season, both teams went 2-1-1 against each other. But in the playoffs that's just 2-2.

And realistically, I think it's a long shot but can be done. I learned last year that with a hot goalie, you can beat anyone. The Rangers were 1 goal away from doing it to the Caps last year. If Halak gets really hot, this series could get very interesting.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was going to say something like if Backstrom and Semin disappear again then there's a chance, but looking at last year's stats I can see that Backstrom had 15, Semin 14 in 14 games...

I don't know why but it felt like Semin disappeared last year when it really mattered.

All this being said I don't think Halak is even going to come close to beating the Caps.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I was going to say something like if Backstrom and Semin disappear again then there's a chance, but looking at last year's stats I can see that Backstrom had 15, Semin 14 in 14 games...

I don't know why but it felt like Semin disappeared last year when it really mattered.

All this being said I don't think Halak is even going to come close to beating the Caps.
Backstrom actually played very good, but your right Semin did disappear. Even though he had 14 in 14. He had like 10 points against the Rags, and then there were reports he broke his foot before the Pens series, and he was pretty much invisible.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year, but even if it does I think we should beat the Habs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is Halak is off 2 bad starts... he looked pretty tired in Toronto... Perhaps these 3 days rest will help him rebound. Still, everything on paper favors the Caps, except their PK sucks vs the Habs good PP. If they are undisciplined...

·
Registered
286 Posts
well s you say they took Caps to OT and won it There not letting up at all this will get down to the wire!

·
Registered
354 Posts
If the Habs can play like they did tonight for the rest of the series, the have a chance to beat Washington.
They were all over Ovi and kept him from being a factor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the Habs can play like they did tonight for the rest of the series, the have a chance to beat Washington.
They were all over Ovi and kept him from being a factor.
Ovi was indeed a non-factor... he looks hurt, he's lacking that burst of speed he normally shows. But kudos to Spacek, he was awesome (and Mcguire's MONSTER).

Habs played a perfect road game, ladies and gents, we have a series.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How about we say that when Ovie does something against the Habs then we will continue this topic:bt

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
This is going to take a comeback effort to win this series:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts