Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raycroft puts return on hold

By TERRY KOSHAN -- Toronto Sun

The more Andrew Raycroft thought about returning to the Maple Leafs crease tomorrow night in Boston, the dumber the idea became.

"It makes absolutely no sense," Raycroft said after going for a brief skate by himself yesterday. "Even if I made it through the game, it's not worth having it tweak a little and then you're fighting an uphill battle all year and it's only November. It's a long way to go if you have a little nagging groin injury for the next six or seven months."
CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Toronto - Raycroft puts return on hold . . .

What he's saying makes sense... Yes? No?

I have to agree with him.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I think he's doing the right thing!! :thumbsup: It's not worth the risk, might as well wait until it's fully healed, if at all possible?

Just ask Wade Redden, he'll tell ya, in one game, out 5 etc.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
panoo2004 said:
I think he's doing the right thing!! :thumbsup: It's not worth the risk, might as well wait until it's fully healed, if at all possible?
I agree, hes doing whats best for the team. It is a smart choice to wait until he's fully healed.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So true. The Leafs played well in his absence, and he returned tonight to help Toronto to a 4-2 win over the Isles, and Raycroft made some big saves. Good choice, considering the last 2 losses the team only let in 3 goals.

I guess they just didn't score enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts