Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That way we'll know what's good out there.

I last saw Thank you for smoking. It was pretty good but not as funny as I thought it would be. Kinda too politcal and conscience driven to be really good. But I rented it and so the five bucks is no big deal.

Another rental.

Kiss, kiss, Bang, Bang. Good flick, you can tell it's based on a book as soon as the narration starts but it must of been a good one. Not entirely politically correct but not so bad that you couldn't laugh. If there's nothing else on the selves it'd be worth it.

I know these ones are kinda old but hopefully some newer movies will get posted too.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was forced to watch The Family Stone with Sara Jessica Paker and more importantly Rachel McAdams and Claire Danes. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I still got up and went onto my comp to kill the last half of it. Had some funny moments and made my gf cry, so meh. If you're like me and your significant other will only watch movies with SJP or Jen Aniston, it's not the worst one out there, not far off but hopefully you'll fall asleep before too long was the initial charm wears off.

However I get to watch Lucky Numer Sleven tonight, so I hope that's good.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canuck said:
i saw jackass number 2 few weeks ago. funniest movie ive ever seen. perfect 10.
Hmmm, you're not the first person I had tell me that. Maybe it's worth a shot.

Has anyone seen the Departed? I might go see that soon it looks really good.

I rented Click a few days ago (which reminds me I need to rent that, thank goodness for no late fees!), and I thought it was one of Adam Sandler's best. I'm a big fan of his movies so it's an easy sell for me but this one had an nice dramatic twist at the end. And of course it was very funny, this is my favourite part:

Adam goes into a Bath and Beyond box store late at night looking to find a universal remote.

Adam: Hi, do you have a universal remote?
Clerk: For a shower curtain or bath matt?
Adam: For a TV.
Clerk: Hmmmm, how about for a blanket?
Adam: You can get a universal remote for a blanket?
Clerk: Listen, I'm lying. I don't even work here I'm just waiting for my friends.
Adam: You're kidding me?
Clerk: Yeah, I'don't have any friends, will you be my friend?

Then Adam walks away. A very funny little repartee.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I haven't seen a movie in *forever*.

I think one of the last ones, was Kung Fu hustle.
Absolutely loved it.

Hilarious movie as well. I mean, last movie that made me laugh that hard was the first Scary movie.

I'd definetly recommend it for those who love comedy. This one is just so out there, it makes it just that much funnier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts