Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rangers have really begun to pick it up lately. Their best players are finally acting like it and the D has gotten better as well. Think this is just a fluke? Or can the Rangers do some damage this year and end this playoff drought?

·
Registered
244 Posts
ScumWithANoose said:
The Rangers have really begun to pick it up lately. Their best players are finally acting like it and the D has gotten better as well. Think this is just a fluke? Or can the Rangers do some damage this year and end this playoff drought?
They might be able to make the playoffs. As for doing damage, I highly doubt it. They'd do nothing better than a 1st round exit I think.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh at this point making the playoffs *IS* doing damage. Course after seeing what Lindros did to Joe yesterday they might be going after different kind of damage. Can't wait for the rematch tonight, sure to be some fireworks again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ScumWithANoose said:
Heh at this point making the playoffs *IS* doing damage. Course after seeing what Lindros did to Joe yesterday they might be going after different kind of damage. Can't wait for the rematch tonight, sure to be some fireworks again.
Gonna be tough though. There D is almost totally depleted. Kaspar, Devries and Mironov are out. Poti is pretty much useless, which leaves Leetch & Malakhov. I read theyre recalling 2 Defensemen from Hartford. Maybe they'll step up and they can get rid of Poti. That was a horrible move by Sather. Especially because you guys had to give up Michael York.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe they try to start something but as far as i know the fact that Lindros koed Thornton didn't put a "W" on the board so what's the point. They got their ass kicked against the B's point blank. The rematch tonight won't be that interesting just because Thornton is not going to be there. They might get a playoff spot though....

·
Registered
126 Posts
j0e Th0rnton said:
Should be a rough rematch:)
There you go, from the NHL injury file reported by The Hockey News...

BOSTON BRUINS - *Center Joe Thornton (small fracture in cheek bone) is expected to miss Tuesday's game against the NY Rangers. *Center Travis Green (ribs), right wing Sandy McCarthy (jaw) and left wing Michal Grosek (concussion) are day-to-day. Defensemen Ian Moran (right ankle) and Jonathan Girard (hip/pelvis) are sidelined indefinitely.

I also took that from the Bruins website:

Joe Thornton sustained a facial laceration and a small fracture to his cheekbone during a fight in the second period of Monday's game. According to General Manager Mike O'Connell, Thornton will be re-evaluated on Tuesday morning. Thornton will miss today's game and will be listed as day-to-day afterwards.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Nasher said:
j0e Th0rnton said:
Should be a rough rematch:)
There you go, from the NHL injury file reported by The Hockey News...

BOSTON BRUINS - *Center Joe Thornton (small fracture in cheek bone) is expected to miss Tuesday's game against the NY Rangers. *Center Travis Green (ribs), right wing Sandy McCarthy (jaw) and left wing Michal Grosek (concussion) are day-to-day. Defensemen Ian Moran (right ankle) and Jonathan Girard (hip/pelvis) are sidelined indefinitely.
Yeesh, Green's always out with a rib injury.

As for the Rangers, they could make the playoffs. They're battling it out with the Isles right now, and I think, for one, that they finally have the upper hand on their opponent.

8th spot is theirs to lose.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heh you had to say its theirs to lose? Its gone. And with all the injuries and everything I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

Alot of the local radio stations here have Ranger fans wanting more offense. I'd rather have a solid D and give the Goalies some help. But I'm a schmuck who doesn't know anything so I dunno what they'll do. I want some solid D and nothing else.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Oops... hehe.

Sorry. :cry:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was bound to happen sooner or later. I do hear that some of the youngin's are gonna start to come up. Hopefully we can see if there is life after the old folks home runs out of gas.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I hope I didn't start the 3 game losing streak. :oops: :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Rangers are killing me with the way they are playing now. I gotta consult the schedule and see when they are playing the Icelanders next so that they can stop the bleeding. Heh :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts