Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of our guys are off to great starts. i herd this Pyatt kid is a more complete package then that of his brother. 13 games 12 goals and 10 assist.

source. http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressbox/pressreleases.asp?id=2355

Tom Pyatt continued his remarkable run of offensive success, scoring five points to earn No. 1 star honors for the second consecutive game. He notched the first two goals of the game on power plays and completed his hat trick on a shorthanded tally to make it 3-1. His first goal came at the 3:29 mark of the first period, his second goal came only 1:40 later, and his third goal came at 12:42 – giving him a hat trick in less than 13 minutes of action. He later picked up an assist on Jan Mursak's goal 15:47 of the second, giving the Spirit a 4-2 lead, and then had another assist on Mursak's third goal of the game at 13:56 of the third to make it 6-2.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Defensman Bobby Sanguinetti the rangers #1 pick in this past draft in 13 games has 8 goals and 5 assist.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
You guys have a tonne of prospects, and will have one heck of a team when they all come up. Staal is probably itching to join the NYR as soon as possible.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys have a tonne of prospects, and will have one heck of a team when they all come up. Staal is probably itching to join the NYR as soon as possible.
Thats what i been saying for so long and now one of our own fans knocks on staal. lol

The Defense, Wingers and Goaltending is stacked for the Rangers now in the farm. I hope in the next few drafts we can find some potential talent in centers to Go with Drury, Gomez and Dubinsky and also give the Rangers some depth there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We do have Anisimov who can pan out to be a 1st or 2nd line center in 2 years..so we are not that thin at center after the aquisitions of Gomez and Drury. I can't say that the organizations lacks at any one position in the prospect department.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We do have Anisimov who can pan out to be a 1st or 2nd line center in 2 years..so we are not that thin at center after the aquisitions of Gomez and Drury. I can't say that the organizations lacks at any one position in the prospect department.
Were not built up at center like the other positions its obvious if you look through our system. Thats why we signed Drury/Gomez. you kind of answered one of my fiddles while walking away from another.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We are also going to need a natural left winger. Straka is getting getting old and the only other 2 we have are Prucha and Avery. Cherepanov may be playing soon, but we don't know for sure how good he will be.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
valadanoot14 said:
We are also going to need a natural left winger. Straka is getting getting old and the only other 2 we have are Prucha and Avery. Cherepanov may be playing soon, but we don't know for sure how good he will be.

Imo i think cherepanov will be a 40 goal 80 point guy. unless he adds some weight onto his frame.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bless_D_Mess said:
Does that mean if he gains weight you think that he will score more than 40 goals?

What do you think? :D

He could be another prucha with more ofeense and get banged around like him.

HINT HINT.

Anyway still young he has time to fill his frame.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Chris_1968 said:
What do you think? :D

He could ne another prucha with more ofeense and get banged around like him.

HINT HINT.

Anyway still young he has time to fill his frame.

I really had no idea what you meant. Saying that you think he can score 40 goals is hardly an insult. I've never heard anyone say that unless a player puts on weight he can "only" score 40 goals. I'll take 40 a year from him whether he puts on weight or eats one slice of lettuce a day for the rest of his career.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bless_D_Mess said:
I really had no idea what you meant. Saying that you think he can score 40 goals is hardly an insult. I've never heard anyone say that unless a player puts on weight he can "only" score 40 goals. I'll take 40 a year from him whether he puts on weight or eats one slice of lettuce a day for the rest of his career.

I think he could have a bigger upside if he added to his frame.

I also think the same for prucha.

Add a pound of mayo to the slice of lettuce. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts