Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of times that phrase is often misused, but I think in this situation it fits. The Rag$ are now 13 points behind the 8 seed sitting in 12th place with 3 other teams between themseleves and the 8th place Canadiens. They have handled the Isles pretty well this season so far, but it seems since the last time both teams have played they have gone in totally different directions. Its a shame too, because Id love to see Isles/Rag$ in the playoffs again. Those are always exciting games to watch. So what do you guys think? Does tonight's game mean anything for the falling Rag$ or is it just a game for more bragging rights in NY?

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as the Rag$ are concerned, it for bragging rights. For the Islanders, it's an opportunity to get the monkey of their backs and separate themselves from Buffalo a little more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ScumWithANoose said:
It's just for bragging rights as the last time the RANGERS beat the icelanders they went on a 3 or 4 game losing streak.
Yeah and it seems whenever the Isles lose to the Rag$ they seem to go on a winning streak. Well we'll see how things pan out tonight.

·
Registered
345 Posts
That was a great game for the Rangers. Its good to see them play with some heart even if it is for only 5 games a year. Some good fights in it too. New favorite chant is now "You can't beat us!!" heh :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tw33k said:
haha...everyone voted no...
Heh of course we did. Theres no denying that we aren't going to make it. It's all about beating the Icelanders one more time for the season sweep! That's the goal right now, well... that and maybe trading kovalev for some younger guys :D

[chanting]
YOU CAN'T BEAT US!! <clap><clap><clap><clap><clap>
[/chanting]

Sorry, while watching the game it was just a bit too catchy! Oh and Syxball will get a kick out of this. The few Icelander fans at the garden last night were chanting "Stay Sather Stay!" at the end of the game. All the Ranger fans were freaking out. Heh.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not usually a Rangers fan, but last night's game was one of the most entertaining games I've ever watched, not to mention the one last week at the Flyers. But what was with Purinton enexpectedly attacking Cairns in front of the net? I thought that was kind of cheap. But in all 132 penalty minutes were given out. That's interesting.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
good game, I enjoy watching the rangers, and the islanders play against each other.

ps. rangers have won the series so far 4 games to none

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ScumWithANoose said:
gojetsgo said:
ps. rangers have won the series so far 4 games to none
5 games to none actually. They go for 6 on Thursday.
The only positive that has happened to the Rag$ all season. Amazing how if they win on Thursday, more than a quarter of their wins will be against 1 team. Hopefully Isles will take game 6. Either way though, Id rather make the playoffs than have the bragging rights....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts