Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I have to admit, I got a chuckle out of the first video. I thought Sutter was going to pull a Robbie Ftorek and throw the bench on the ice.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have to admit, I got a chuckle out of the first video. I thought Sutter was going to pull a Robbie Ftorek and throw the bench on the ice.
No offense but Sutter did a much better job i ever thought he would taking over a devils team that lost 2 more key players and not a lot of depth.

If anything the Devils lost playing good vs the Rangers and had Marty been on his game this series might still be going on.

Thing that gets me still is Last year Lou said the team wasnt where he wanted but at the same time he will let players walk away and put the teams future play in jepordy with those key losses. Now i know he is a brilliant hockey mind but the past 13 months he's done nothing to show for it.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
No offense but Sutter did a much better job i ever thought he would taking over a devils team that lost 2 more key players and not a lot of depth.

If anything the Devils lost playing good vs the Rangers and had Marty been on his game this series might still be going on.

Thing that gets me still is Last year Lou said the team wasnt where he wanted but at the same time he will let players walk away and put the teams future play in jepordy with those key losses. Now i know he is a brilliant hockey mind but the past 13 months he's done nothing to show for it.
Considering what Gomez and Rafalski ended up signing for, I'm glad Lou didn't go that high for either one. Maybe it sounds like penny pinching to some, but neither was worth that much to the Devils, especially considering some of the less than stellar signings Lou had made up to that point.

This whole season was a transition. I don't think we ever really saw what it was Sutter wants to do with this team, simply because he didn't have the personnel to make it happen. This offseason is a big one for Lou and the Devils, because they'll either get the players Sutter needs or mistakenly think they can make due again with this current group. I'm hoping on the former...

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering what Gomez and Rafalski ended up signing for, I'm glad Lou didn't go that high for either one. Maybe it sounds like penny pinching to some, but neither was worth that much to the Devils, especially considering some of the less than stellar signings Lou had made up to that point.

This whole season was a transition. I don't think we ever really saw what it was Sutter wants to do with this team, simply because he didn't have the personnel to make it happen. This offseason is a big one for Lou and the Devils, because they'll either get the players Sutter needs or mistakenly think they can make due again with this current group. I'm hoping on the former...
With the way salaries are on the rise like pre-cap i cant see the devils over paying. If anything they will have to sell off the Prude center as a benifit to lost money if they try to make a cheap significant signing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Can the devils even afford to reach the cap? New arena or old they don't sell out. Why are you so worried about them "overpaying"? Who's going to play on your team?

The call that they were going nuts over was obviously a bad call but the Rangers had the puck with 30 seconds left in the game. It's not like a good goal was disallowed. All the Rangers had to do was clear the zone once and the game was over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts