Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the trade continues to be the centre of attention in Toronto, it is playing to enormously negative reviews in New York. Even before the Rangers played at home game against the Washington Capitals last night, the "Fire Sather!" chant caught fire and before the end of the first period fans were chanting, "Go Leafs Go!" and "We want Leetch back!"
toronto star article

Pretty funny if you ask me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I heard them saying "Go Leafs Go" when I was watching the game on satellite. But I thought they were saying something else, but I guess that proves you don't even have to be at a leafs game to hear the crowd saying that .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rangers fans are growing increasingly pissed off and sarcastic understandably. I wouldn't be surprised if they start saying chants with profanity in them. I guess they think if they got Sather to step down from coaching they can get him to quit completely. But for now it's mildly amusing.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I also heard about the Rangers fans chanting "Go Leafs Go." One of the best players in franchise history was just traded away and the Rangers are dumping salary quickly. Funny they were playing the Capitals yesterday.

I don't know if I feel sorry for the Rangers fans. Well I do in the sense that management has run that team so badly for 6 years. But, they are patient and they still seem to fill MSG every night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Rangers owner needs to get some balls and fire Sather altogether. The reason they fired Neil Smith was because he was signing all the big names and the team was going nowhere. When they hired Sather he didn't change anything, just kept doing the same things Neil Smith was doing. Even though Sather's doing the opposite now, I'm not sure if he's doing exactly the right thing, and I don't think Rangers fans do either.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ranger fans = Leaf fans?
I don't know if it's a coincedence or not... but I haven't watched one second of a Ranger telecast since the deal was announced. But I did watch both Leaf games in full, and A big segment with Don Cherry tonight during intermission which I never really do. SO you tell me - did I become a Leafs fan?

I'll be back, but this is tough to swallow. I need a break from the NYR for a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts