Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, was hoping I could get some input on who to keep for my keeper fantasy hockey team, i have to keep 5 out of these 9 guys. Picks and explanations please.

Getzlaf, Marleau, Neal, Visnovsky, J Staal, Eriksson, Skinner, Phaneuf, Dubinsky.

Im keeping Marleau and Getzlaf so i need to pick 3 out of the remaining 7. any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is next season I assume.

Getzlaf- at some point he's going to get it. may as well be next season

Marleau- he'll get you 30g and 30a

Visnovsky- 40 points

Eriksson- best player on Dallas

Dubinsky- gets better and better every year

Neal is a darkhorse. Once Crosby is back he could be a 40 goal guy

Staal isn't what everyone thinks. Better as a 2nd/3rd line guy in a defensive role

Skinner will be targeted next season. He'll likely have a tougher time

Phaneuf- depending on what the scoring system is, he might give you more overall than Visnovsky, but which Phaneuf shows up in the first 40 games?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, this is for next season yes. I was hoping Crosby would be back in the playoffs to hopefully preview neal/crosby, so its tough to keep him if he doesn't start up soon.

Also everyone I know really likes Dubinsky as well but imo, with all the young talent on the rangers (callahan, anisimov, wolski, prust, and could even say gaborik) I don't see what stands out in him, but I don't wanna pass up a star either.

Are any of those guys except getz and marleau i would be insane not to keep?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not at all. Getlaf and Marleau are the main ones for sure, or at least, injuries aside, a sure thing for close to PPG. Staal is the easiest to set aside since he'll be a 3rd line center next season most likely. I still see Skinner having a tougher time his second go around, which happens quite a bit with smaller players. He's still a keeper if this league spans several season however. Again, depending on the scoring, Dubinsky offers so much more than just points that the others don't come close to. Neal is the only guy I can see making you regret not taking him.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again. that definitely will factor into my decision. If i did take Dubinsky, with marleau and getzlaf, that would pretty much lock up my Centers at the draft, and I have 3 1st round picks.

I could take Getz (C), Marleau (C,LW), Eriksson(RW), Neal(LW), Visnovsky(D), that will leave me with great positions and hopefully pickup Dubinsky with one of the 1st rounders, if he doesn't get taken before my 1st choice.

I think in the end you have influenced my decision to either Neal or Dubi with Visnovsky, Eriksson, Getzlaf, Marleau.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts