Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
The Quebec Nordiques were led by team captain Joe Sakic goalie Ron Hextall and coach Pierre Page they faced the Montreal Canadiens who were led by team captain Guy Carbonneau goalie Patrick Roy and coach Jacques Demers. Demers held himself to a promise he made to Roy earlier in the season and kept him as the number one goalie despite a couple of weak goals allowed in the first two games of the series. Overtime in game three was marked by two trips upstairs to the video goal judge. The first ruled that Stephan Lebeau had knocked the puck in with a high stick, but the second upheld Montreal's winning goal, as it was directed in by the skate of Quebec defenseman Alexei Gusarov and not that of a Montreal player.

HTML:
April 18 - Montreal 2 Quebec 3 (OT) 
April 20 - Montreal 1 Quebec 4 
April 22 - Quebec 1 Montreal 2 (OT) 
April 24 - Quebec 2 Montreal 3 
April 26 - Montreal 5 Quebec 4 (OT) 
April 28 - Quebec 2 Montreal 6
Montreal wins best-of-seven series 4-2, after losing the first two games of the series. They went on to win the Cup that year!

Source

The not so hot memory was the Good Friday game, when both benches cleared and a sucker-punch by Louis Sleigher cost Jean Hamel his career...

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I remember the Nordiques at the end of their run as a very talented one with Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote and Valery Kaminsky. Of course they are the team that the Leafs did the Sundin for Clark deal. One can honestly say that trade didn't quite work out in the Nords favor as CLark was back in a Leafs uniform in less than 2 years.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Amoroq said:
I remember a brawl breaking out in a playoff game between the nords and the habs during warmup. I don't remember the particulars but it was quite the broohaha.
Was that 1982? I seem to remember a pretty nice dust-up that year.

Daryl

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Amoroq said:
It was around that year but I'm not 100% sure. There were no officials on the ice, just the 2 teams warming up. I woldn't be surprised if Hunter was the instigator.
You can also bet that Nilan was involved.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I miss Quebec, i remember seing Montreal vs Quebec at the old forum back in '91, the only thing I remember was the high scoring of 4-4 and the numerous penalties for fighting.

BRING THEM BACK

·
Registered
472 Posts
My two faves are Michel Goulet and Peter Stastny. (I always think of Sakic as an Av.) Peter's kid plays for Denver University and was one of the better guys as a freshmen on their NCAA Championship team last year. He's gonna be a good one like his old man. Well, maybe not that good.

I had the good fortune to watch Goulet play with the Hawks after Quebec thought he was washed up. Man, what a goal scorer! You can really appreciate a guy's talents when you watch him every night. His career ended tragically when he hit the boards wearing an old Jofa helmet and never came back from the concussion. He still had a few years left in him I thought.

That's back when the Hawks weren't half bad...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leaferfan87 said:
The Remparts play there I guess now. The building itself is quite old I think (from the 50's). What was the capacity?
The quebec colisee capacity was 15,399 as of the nordiques last season there 1994-95. by the way what has happened to the 2 photos of the quebec colisee posted above.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Leaferfan87 said:
The Remparts play there I guess now. The building itself is quite old I think (from the 50's). What was the capacity?
15,034... spectators buy what a great place to watch a hockey game. I miss my Nordiques playing there. But Quebec City will be back in the NHL in 5 years...or so! :)

http://simulation8.tripod.com/quebecaces/colisee.html

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Amoroq said:
I remember a brawl breaking out in a playoff game between the nords and the habs during warmup. I don't remember the particulars but it was quite the broohaha.
that was during the 1983-84 NHL season culminating in the infamous "Vendredi Saint" brawl during the 1984 playoffs, after which the Habs eliminated the Nordiques from the postseason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts