Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The home of the quebec nordiques from there days in the WHA and NHL was the quebec colisee.the colisee was rebuilt and opened in 1949 after the original colisee burned down.its capacity for hockey was around 15,750. in the 1950s the quebec aces and future hall of famer jean beliveau played at the colisee.when the nordiques joined the NHL in 1979 with the merger with the WHA the colisee was renovated to NHL standards.since the quebec nordiques moved to colorado the colisee is still being used for hockey by the Quebec Ramparts and Quebec Citadelles.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good stuff.I can remember the WHA days and the goons that played for Quebec.Dont have the Jodzio-Nords/Calgary brawl on tape but would love to get it as I hear a rumour that it is out there.

I do have the Quebec/Montreal clash that features Louis Sleigher ko-ing Jeah Hamel.Good sucker punch.lol

I have a Quebec tape with Wally Weir fighting along with quite a few a few Gord Donnelly and John Kordic scraps.

Have a tape with that Euro- weenie Anton Stastny cross check on Flyers Ed Hospodar to the back of the head.

Good forum here.I'll have to check my Hartford tape to see what is of interest there.I know I do have a few clips with Gordie Howe in them,no fights tho.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The AHL Québec Citadelles only played three years. The team was a finacial failiure as being Montreal's farm club was considered an insult by most Nords fans, and Habs fans did waht they do best, cared only for the big team in Mtl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts