Hockey Fan Forums banner

Primeau cancels training trip to Finland

533 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  panoo 
#1 ·
TSN.ca Staff
7/19/2006 10:50:55 AM

Philadelphia Flyers centre Keith Primeau has cancelled a trip to Finland, where he was going to train with professional team.

Primeau played just nine games with the Flyers last season. He missed the last 73 games of the regular season and the playoffs with a concussion.

''It was going to be four weeks of just practice in an attempt to get my skating legs underneath me and to venture into some contact,'' Primeau said.

Primeau was examined by Flyers team physician Dr. Gary Dorshimer last week, but said he made the decision not to go before talking to Dorshimer.

''I just felt that the day was fast approaching and that I wasn't at a point where I was ready to head over there in the middle of August,'' Primeau said. ''After visiting with Dr. Dorshimer last week, all he did was re-confirm my decision.''

Despite cancelling the training trip, Primeau has yet to make a decision on his playing future.

''Basically, what happens now? I am going to make one more attempt to get myself prepared to play this season, but I also understand that I'm running out of time for opportunities or chances to get myself ready to play,'' Primeau said. ''Not from a physical standpoint, but from a health standpoint. I won't make any decisions one way or the other until I give myself that one more opportunity.''

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.