Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Your Preffered Shot And Why?......I usually use the wrist shot and snap shot....rarely the slap shot

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
A healthy mix of the wrist-shot and slapper.

I use the slapshot quite often because I have some great accuracy on my one-timer. Not as much as the wrist shot of course, but I use it a lot. :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im pretty accurate on my one-timers to except i use a wrist-shot on them, i am actually really good at the slapshot but i barely ever use it in a game, i do not know why

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
You should try using it more. The slapshot is very underated, I don't know why though, especially with all the "greats" who used it so often.

Gretzky when skating into the offencive zone a lot, and Lemieux from bad angles for examples. It'll catch the goalie off-guard sometimes.

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way. You're new here, aren't you? :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice and yeah i am new and im really young to i started about 2 days ago and ive only done 2 threads but yea i like the wrist and snap most

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd definetly have to say wrist shot with no backswing.
So I guess a wrist-snap shot.
I just love using that shot, because you keep the goalie guessing where it's going. It's an explosive shot, yet extremely precise..which is probably why I like taking it the most.

My next favorite shot, would be the backhand.

Slapshots would be the last on my list, because I only them it on one timers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use my wrist shot because I can get it off quick, no one sees it comming, and it's my most accurate.

My slapper is alright, but not accurate and a mixed bag of good and bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine....

I see too many players these days during the warm up winding up for these huge slap shots trying to drill the net...

But honestly, how many slap shots do you get in during a game...maybe 1...a dman maybe 2 or 3 if you're lucky. Maybe more on the PP.

The shot you should be practising is the wrist shot...which is my prefered shot. Bene practising outside lately..with practice, you can get a killer wrist shot.

The backhand is a must...how many tims in a game do you see guys being cut off from the net..and seeing a backhander???

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I would say it would be the snapshot do to its quickness and control and especially power

·
Registered
712 Posts
i have to say wrist shot, im such a werid player, like im gigantic and usually gigantic people use slapshots and cant dangle or snipe. But not me im just like a huge dangling sniper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
i have to say wrist shot, im such a werid player, like im gigantic and usually gigantic people use slapshots and cant dangle or snipe. But not me im just like a huge dangling sniper.
Toot this much?

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
haha huge dangling sniper

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
oilers said:
I don't know.... I never played Ice Hockey. I can't skate. I wish I could play Ice Hockey...

I just came to Canada last year.. So I can only watch.
where did you used to live?

·
Registered
27 Posts
oilers said:
I don't know.... I never played Ice Hockey. I can't skate. I wish I could play Ice Hockey...

I just came to Canada last year.. So I can only watch.
Hey it's never too late to start.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts