Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/27/2006 2:19:08 PM

(CP) - The Nashville Predators and Stanley Cup have rarely been mentioned in the same breath. Well, probably never in their eight-year history.

Year 9 is different.

"I really like where we are," said Predators GM David Poile, who has been there from the very first day. "I like the whole process of how we built this. I just feel like it's our time. I'm fully cognizant that there's other really good teams out there. But if don't have a really good year in terms of the regular season and playoff success, it will be disappointing based on how we feel right now.

"Winning the Cup is certainly a vision that we have."

That's about as bold as the usually reserved Poile can get. But for the veteran GM to even mention "Cup" says it all.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179001&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
And rightfully so.

They have a great team, and are solid in goal and when it comes to scoring. I Timonen and Zidlicky are still manning the point with Hamhuis, things should go well there.

But Vokoun, Vokoun, Vokoun is key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They're going to be one heck of a team. They're my pick to win the cup. The west is not as strong as many people would have thought this year. The Preds are going to at least get to the cup finals. My only question is what if Vokoun gets injured again. Maybe a veteran guy like Sean Burke could help in the mix. Chris Mason is not quite ready for the NHL starting job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts