Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That man has a very bad case of Kasperitis

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was the 90-91 season cup picture. And he missed most of that season due to the back surgeory. I don't know if there was a canada cup that year, but if so I don't think that he played in it. I thought that the controversey in regards to him playing was the 2001 season when he kept resting because he wanted to play in the olympics. But with so many injuries, it was hard to keep track.

·
Registered
25 Posts
nossagog said:
That was the 90-91 season cup picture. And he missed most of that season due to the back surgeory. I don't know if there was a canada cup that year, but if so I don't think that he played in it. I thought that the controversey in regards to him playing was the 2001 season when he kept resting because he wanted to play in the olympics. But with so many injuries, it was hard to keep track.
Sorry. I wasn't clear. I meant the picture with the Canada Cup. He announced a comeback before the season to sell tickets, played about 10 games, then took the rest of the season off from the Pens to get ready for the Canada Cup. Just another of the things he did that put his personnal quests before the teams. He passed on his only previous chance to play for Canada, so he decided he wanted to this time.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I remember that. I think that it caused a big stink locally on many of the talk shows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My problem was, his first allegiance should have been to his team. Not resting so he could gather more trophies for his mantle. Some people around here weren't that happy with him, as we care about the team, apparently more than he did.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My problem was, his first allegiance should have been to his team. Not resting so he could gather more trophies for his mantle. Some people around here weren't that happy with him, as we care about the team, apparently more than he did.
Yeah, this was definitely some tarnish to his overall image. And I know that alot of people at that time in the 'burgh were not pleased with him. The whole playing for the country thing did not go over well with the cup crazy fans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a pic of john cullen and i when i was a kid now im wondering where it is ill scan it if i find it...that same day i also got a few other sigs and a stick from ulf!

lol ulf i miss that dude

1 - 20 of 41 Posts