1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Just what we in New York state need, yet another Stadium/Arena project for New York City. I'm sure we'll hear the same thing, "Being TOTALLY funded by private funds". But then the agreement will come out, and we'll see the millions of dollars of tax breaks, rent breaks, loss of revenues to the city that will happen, and in the end it will be a net loss for the city and state tax payers again.
Yet another reason to mover from New York State.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Just what we in New York state need, yet another Stadium/Arena project for New York City. I'm sure we'll hear the same thing, "Being TOTALLY funded by private funds". But then the agreement will come out, and we'll see the millions of dollars of tax breaks, rent breaks, loss of revenues to the city that will happen, and in the end it will be a net loss for the city and state tax payers again.
Yet another reason to mover from New York State.

Did you bother to read the Artical?

A ton of buisness space. Buisness makes money. I expect it to be a Big Profit.

The 10 million square feet of office space in the plan is more than is planned for ground zero and would dramatically refashion a Manhattan neighborhood that, with the exception of One Penn Plaza, has long been known more for retail and fast food than for class A office space.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Did you bother to read the Artical?

A ton of buisness space. Buisness makes money. I expect it to be a Big Profit.
Yes indeed I read it, and it sounds wonderful. But so do most projects before all the details are done. Pardon me for being skeptical, but I've lived in upstate New York for too long, and pay taxes that are waaaay tooooo high. I know that this is an old article, but its fun reading also.
Bloomberg's Gift Horse
or
Construction Watch

We'll have to see what the MSG people work into their deals. So I'm not against the idea of a new arena for the city, I just want to see the right people paying for it. The city actually was in a great position with these deals, if you took these teams away from NYC, their value would be a fraction of what they are now. They shouldn't have to cave into the teams demands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts