Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says on the Hockey News that we may have deal going down w/ the Preds:

PREDATORS LOOKING TO ADD FLYERS?
Nashville Predators coach Barry Trotz told John Manasso of Fox Sports Tennessee that GM David Poile isn't done looking at adding players to bolster their roster, though it would have to be “the right players.”

Trotz cited the February acquisition of center Mike Fisher from the Ottawa Senators made it possible for the Predators to clinch a playoff berth. He claimed Poile was on the lookout for “the next Mike Fisher,” which could be interpreted as finding another skilled two-way forward.

Manasso observed the Predators have approximately $14.2 million in cap space this season and suggested the Buffalo Sabres (sitting nearly $3.6 million over the $64.3 million cap ceiling) and Philadelphia Flyers (with only $175,000 in available space) are possible trade targets.

Remembering the Flyers and Predators had a trade history, Manasso suggested the possibility of acquiring either right wingers Max Talbot or Wayne Simmonds or reacquiring former Predator left winger Scott Hartnell.

While Nashville has a lot of cap space, it'll be surprising if this cost-conscious club spends half their room over the course of the season.

The Flyers current cap space fails to take into account Ian Laperriere and his $1.2 million salary, which will be going on long-term injury reserve to start the season.

If Flyers GM Paul Holmgren were inclined to make a cost-cutting trade, it probably won't involve Talbot or Simmonds, who were acquired over the off-season. Hartnell remains a key member of the Flyers core and also carries a no-trade clause.

Hartnell also recently had a health scare when he suffered an elevated heart rate after the second period of a pre-season game against Detroit and is slated to see a cardiologist this week.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/41945-Rumor-Roundup-Jason-Spezza-talk-wont-die.html

Could be interesting, Homer loves to deal with them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Take hartnell please please please

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Since Sabres were in this article, I could see Boyes being moved to Nashville.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't see any team taking on Boyes 4 million salary for even one year, not a chance.IMo i would take Gerbe.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
HArtnelll(ong time fave of mine) is a no-go with his recent health issues. Nobody is taking a chance on a guy with a funky heart.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I can't see any team taking on Boyes 4 million salary for even one year, not a chance.IMo i would take Gerbe.
Sabres won't give up Gerbe. just signed him to a decent contract. He'll be a big step moving forward into the future for the Sabres.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts