Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(CP) - It's desire, plain and simple, that drives the veteran NHL player to overcome adversity, injury or advancing years. It's the burning desire to reach higher that makes players like Saku Koivu of the Montreal Canadiens so valuable in all hockey pools.

Conversely, it's the loss of desire and talent squandered that makes a player like Jeremy Roenick a pool pariah. When not scratched or in the Coyotes doghouse, the deserter in the desert doesn't seem motivated to do anything except complain.

Drop him in all pools, no matter how deep.

But let's stick to the positive, and Koivu, a valuable pool commodity and an inspiration to all. The Canadiens captain, recovering from a serious eye injury, was probably under-valued in most fantasy leagues this year.

But astute poolies know Koivu is no quitter. He came back before - from cancer no less - and obviously packs more desire into his game that most players.

Full Story

·
Registered
712 Posts
i remember when i wasin grade 8 (3 years ago) we had a town wide hokcey pool like they did it through city hall and you would pay 10 bucks and submit the players and the top teams put in the playoff players and nobody picked koivu but me and my buddy and we got 1st and second.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts