Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they important? players say that they are fun or just to keep up traditions sake.

players say they are fun to wear for two months but are glad to shed the beards after its all over.. I guess they itch really bad.. I wouldnt know about that:laugh:

well anyway, i guess right after the games alot of the players have to shave.. so is it worth it or not? i dunno! your thoughts?:dunno:

you can read this in depth if you buy or subscribe to the hockey news.. Im posting this for polling reasons.
:cheeky4:

·
Registered
46 Posts
A lot of players are superstitious. If they shave they will play bad ect

There is nothing better than a good play off beard. Itchy as hell too. Easy to get sick of though when summer comes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Beards are itchy, until you get used to them. My wife won't let me shave my mustasche, or goatee off. Well, then again, I look 16 if I do.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, its all about the vitality thing.. the players said they feel alot younger after like two months of having a playoff beard.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, I think the playoff beards are a great tradition. It's just great, I mean, everyone, even players from different sports do it. I watch NLL lacrosse a lot, and a lot of my fav Mammoth players are doing it. It's a great tradition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i love the playoff beards.....so much that i wanted to part-take in the tradition my self, i came up with finals beards:
if any of you are in college, from the time of your first final to your last, you gotta support the finals beard, i did good on all my finals cause of it, trust me

Back to the thread, im a fan of the no groomin beards, tougher...haha

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya well i had a guy that grew a beard.. and let me tell you.. my poor soft skin got poked every time i kissed him.. so finally i said. you will have to shave that garbage off. i cant kiss you with that on your face :cheeky4:

·
494 Posts
Too scruff for me. But imagine cutting it mid playoffs then losing, they would hate themselves! :laugh:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I think it's a great tradition, but some guys just can't do it, and they shouldn't even try. Pronger doesn't grow one, I guess he's one the one's that can't? :laugh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beards

Pisani couldn't grow a beard for crap. Brind'Amour didn't do it. Eric Staal looked like a 14 year old Jr. High kid trying to prove his manliness... Man, the playoffs are great!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Did any of you see the Oilers faces today when they got off the plane? All the beards were gone!! That was fast!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
RedMile said:
Another interesting tradition is in Carolina they stand up the entire game?!?!?!
it's a college basketball tradition down here - I guess we just did it out of habit. Besides, I defy anyone to try taking a seat during that game. The most exciting sporting event I've ever witnessed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts