Premium Member
788 Posts
Back to the facts:

The pens won the stanley cup in 2009

YEAH BABY!

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
Obviously your not from the 'burgh. The city of Pittsburgh sits at the confluence(Okay, that's your word of the day tommorow) of the Monongehelia, Allegheny and Ohio rivers
Its funny how many times you hear that word during national football broadcasts. It must be the only time that the guys get to use the word.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NBC unfairness

i thought i would just put this out there, but Pens fans should note that the NBC announcers are very unfair when it comes to the way the Pens are forced to react to on ice pressure. This stuck out most to me i think, during the Pens vs. Blackhawks game sometime in February, one of the announcers said that Chicago HAS to win this game because the Pens sre missing so many players and they just cant be beaten by such a decimated line up. Another example is that during the Pens vs. Rangers today the announcer that wasnt Doc kept saying the Rangers penaltys should have gone to the Pens and always cared more when the Rangers scored.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
i thought i would just put this out there, but Pens fans should note that the NBC announcers are very unfair when it comes to the way the Pens are forced to react to on ice pressure. This stuck out most to me i think, during the Pens vs. Blackhawks game sometime in February, one of the announcers said that Chicago HAS to win this game because the Pens sre missing so many players and they just cant be beaten by such a decimated line up. Another example is that during the Pens vs. Rangers today the announcer that wasnt Doc kept saying the Rangers penaltys should have gone to the Pens and always cared more when the Rangers scored.
They're just trying to offset the blatant homerism and sheer idiocy of Steigerwald and Errey.;)

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I guess they had to change it up yesterday because they didn't have their god Crosby to talk about the entire game. Do those guys say stupid things, yup, but they aren't unfair towards only the Penguins. A perfect example is when Versteeg turned the puck over after failing to flip it over Callahan's stick, who took a beautiful shot for a goal. Instead of raving about the shot the announcer, pretty sure it was Olczyk, decided to rip Versteeg apart saying he tried to curl and drag (which clearly wasn't what he tried to do at all).

41 - 46 of 46 Posts